News Xavier Duursma departs for Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

As a comparison to a guy who actually did achieve his potential, I'd like to see Duursma become an Andrew Embley type player.
I'd take that.

I still have O'Shea's backwards handball against Carlton in 2016 etched into my brain.

I still haven't forgotten his deliberate rushed behind against Brisbane in 2011. Under no pressure and nobody near him, he just jogged to the goal line and handballed it over. Even Tom Logan put his arms out to appeal for deliberate, or to say "wtf are you doing?".

Then there was also the game against Sydney in 2012 when he came on us at the sub and solely cost us about 3 or 4 goals which turned out to be the game.

For me, Rozee's good is salivating. As yet, the only qaulity I have seen from smith is qauntity. As I said, time will tell.

'Sometimes quantity has a quality all of its own' - Stalin referring to the red army.

Doesn't seem to apply to football so much though...or does it? Carey never won a Browlow with elite skills, but neither did Scotty West with a huge quantity of disposals of average quality. Similarly Hird won one at Centre Half Forward with elite skills, Priddis won one as a midfielder with average quality disposals.

Perhaps most confusing - Kane Cornes was the leading disposal winner for several years at Port. He won four best and fairests, but never came close to winning an AFL Award, unless you count being AA in 2007.

Cam OShea was a fantastic player

Cam O'Shea was the worst footballer to ever pull on a Port Adelaide jumper, and that includes 5 year old kids wearing a Kmart Port Power guernsey to Auskick. Don't @ me.

Cam O'Shea was the worst footballer to ever pull on a Port Adelaide jumper, and that includes 5 year old kids wearing a Kmart Port Power guernsey to Auskick. Don't @ me.

Cam’s a weird one. He played 5-10 very high quality games and then 60+ that were absolute junk. Far from the worst player we’ve ever had but just not a reliable AFL player. IMO he stayed on the list for as long as he did because he was in with the cool kids and just too damn sexy for his own good.

That’s a bit silly. We have had plenty of players who haven’t fired a shot. Still remember Cam Hitchcock trying to snap for goals with his ball drop somewhere near his head. By the time his leg got there there was only enough force for the ball to go 10 metre up and down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Yoey Wagner?

That’s a bit silly. We have had plenty of players who haven’t fired a shot. Still remember Cam Hitchcock trying to snap for goals with his ball drop somewhere near his head. By the time his leg got there there was only enough force for the ball to go 10 metre up and down

Hitchcock is always the player I point to in the ‘who is the worst of recent years’ conversations... Heart the size of a pea... Would take O’Shea over Hitchcock every time, though it’s a damn low bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hitchcock is always the player I point to in the ‘who is the worst of recent years’ conversations... Heart the size of a pea... Would take O’Shea over Hitchcock every time, though it’s a damn low bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we were playing finals in 13 and 14 O’Shea came in and played quite well for us.

His worst was pretty bad but his best for us was pretty good. O’Shea is miles ahead.

You're a troubled soul Schulzy

I used to like Cam Hitchcock and thought he would make it.

You gotta admit that he was impressive in the 2010 NAB Cup. I remember when he gathered the pill in the third pre-season game against the Scray and Bruce said “Now, here’s Hitchcock” as if he had been impressive in the 2 weeks prior against West Coast and the Crows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back