News Xavier Duursma departs for Essendon

Kingfish73

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That piece of play where he blasted off down the middle of the ground then found Motlop will punctuate my memories of this game.

He was like a racehorse who unwound a withering run down the home straight.

He is going to be so good.
Special play for sure....

Anyone who can pin point someone like that from 50m, at full tilt, in 4th quarter, on wet night, with players all around the sender and receiver is a special talent

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
amazed how much faith the coaching panel had to play him where they did for as long as they did but he was just doing too good to move him.

i've been trying to work out who he plays like in the AFL but it's a different skillset he has.

Happy Macca and Portia were incredibly wrong about this kid

In fairness it's been two games. And while Duursma's good is outweighing his bad for now, there have still been glimpses of the deficiencies that made them nervous. Good signs but let's hold off on the 'I told you so's' for now.

PAFCsince1870

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2006
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
I know Andrew Embley’s name has been mentioned but does anyone else see some Adam Treloar in this kid or is it just me?

Playing a more outside role than Treloar at the moment but from all draft reports can win the ball in the contest as well.

Nihilus

Club Legend
Mar 4, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
17.4km covered (most on ground)
3.2km at top speed (most on ground)
32.4km/h top speed (most on ground)

Elite.

Duursma max speed.jpg

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
In fairness it's been two games. And while Duursma's good is outweighing his bad for now, there have still been glimpses of the deficiencies that made them nervous. Good signs but let's hold off on the 'I told you so's' for now.
Nah .. they made him sound like an absolute spud. So far he's making our senior players look deficient from what I've seen.

Cam O'Shea

Why do people keep saying this as if it's a good thing?

Not even a good comparison anyway. If we're picking out a Port spud of the past who Duursma plays like, whoever it was that brought up the Jason Davenport comparison had it right. He's a better version of Jason Davenport.

Why do people keep saying this as if it's a good thing?

Not even a good comparison anyway. If we're picking out a Port spud of the past who Duursma plays like, whoever it was that brought up the Jason Davenport comparison had it right. He's a better version of Jason Davenport.

It's a meme now m7.

If the Butch didn't leave us cautious about proclaming players as the 2nd coming too early then I dont know who will. As with all of the young guys, will hold fire on wrongs/rights on drafting.

Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
I wanted him pre-draft for everything he has done and his potential upside when he fills out a little, as mentioned previously he reminds me of an early 90’s Magpie SANFL footballer. A real competitor whom wins the ball, kicks it on and then follows it up. David Brown, George Fiacchi types.

I love what he has brought to our outfit, I love what he is doing and I love what he could become. I haven’t seen anything glaringly obvious that screams Cam O’Shea or John Butcher. If he can be the outside version of Brad Ebert circa 2012-2016, happy days, if he can put on 8kgs and become the hybrid Ebert was Brilliant, at worst I think he could be a Tom Jonas replacement.

I would hazard a guess, Ports Captain after Ollie Wines

Back