News Xavier Duursma departs for Essendon

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
who did we have to give up to grab him? would have been nice with he and polly on either wings!
Wingard for Burton and pick we used on Duursma. Looking like a good result for us so far. But yes it's only a 2 game sample size.

It was a three-party trade. In brief:
Out: Chad Wingard, pick #6 (Ben King), Hawk's pick #35 (Tom Berry), and two 2019 third round pick (Port and Freo);
In: Ryan Burton, Sam Mayes, Brisbane's pick #5 (Connor Rozee), Hawks' pick #18 (Xavier Duursma), and Hawks' 2019 fourth round.

It looks fair to me.

Last edited:

Boxx

Premiership Player
Mar 2, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Great to see X in the bars this week!!

PAFCsince1870

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2006
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Out: Chad Wingard, pick #6 (Ben King), Hawk's pick #35 (Tom Berry), and two 2019 third round pick (Port and Freo);
In: Ryan Burton, Sam Mayes, Brisbane's pick #5 (Connor Rozee), Hawks' pick #18 (Xavier Duursma), and Hawks' 2019 fourth round.

It looks fair to me.

Technically yes but the layman will simply rate it as Wingard for Burton and Duursma.

Great to see X in the bars this week!!
Untitled.jpg

Harlott

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Does a lot of very good things. Ball in hand, running towards goal, he is terrific. But there were 3-4 occasions tonight, where he looked timid and tentative. He must also learn to stick his tackles.
Am I the only one not seeing this? Jesus this kid has pretty much done all that's asked of him yet there's posters who are at the ready to bring up the negatives after every game this year. Bounced back well after last week against the reigning premiers at their home deck.

Am I the only one not seeing this? Jesus this kid has pretty much done all that's asked of him yet there's posters who are at the ready to bring up the negatives after every game this year. Bounced back well after last week against the reigning premiers at their home deck.

Yep. There’s a s**t load to like about him. Developing nicely. Again he covered more ground than anyone last night.

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

It looks fair to me.

Honestly I think it's the most lopsided trade we have ever done in our favour.

Honestly I think it's the most lopsided trade we have ever done in our favour.

Jay Schulz for Mitch Farmer was a pretty good one. Matthew Bode for pick 12 (Shaun Burgoyne) was pretty handy as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back