News Xavier Duursma departs for Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Love this kid how hard he works and his attitude. What has surprised me is his speed on the wkend burned off about 4 others to get to the ball first he over run the ball but has some serious jets.

Two kids down, one to go.
5 to go you mean! Drew, Marshall and Atley are all still eligible :D

Drew would be a lock to get a nomination at some point, Marshall I’m hoping kicks a big bag at some point in the year, and even Atley I reckon could come in and have a big game at any time as well.

I think there are quite a few people with egg on their face over this guy and rozee. Our recruiting last year really couldn't have been better.

I blame the fact that he has a stupid name. 'Duursma' just sounds like a spud name. Like Bootsma. Or Kepler.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll have the round of media interviews tomorrow - how many times will he be asked about...
Roaming Brian/his school-age girlfriend

That bow and arrow goal celebration
Jarrad Schofield said today that he has no problems with the goal celebrations by the young players.
The older players feed off their celebrations.:D:p

Me right now Pappagallo

hqdefault.jpg

Congrats Xavier. Blown me away how well he has slotted into AFL system. Has any other 1st year player matched his endurance engine, ie Scully?
But this Friday night will be a big test for all of the 1st year players. Big stage, Friday night against premiership fancies. Enter Butters 🤣

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back