News Xavier Duursma departs for Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have to have the biggest tank of any first year player we've ever had at the club at AFL level.
Maybe. People here seem to forget how incredible Nick Stevens was in his first year and how much running he did as an 18 year old.

Duurs is right up there with Stevens though. And that’s a very good thing talent wise (not so good for the girlfriend).

Absolutely love this kid *en machine my old man compares him to micheal tuck. Does have that wirerly look about him.
Runs all day both ways gutsy as and skills are improving each week.
Think he has been the best of the rookies to this point but connor has the higher ceiling and has been amazing aswell.

Absolutely love this kid ****en machine my old man compares him to micheal tuck. Does have that wirerly look about him.
Runs all day both ways gutsy as and skills are improving each week.
Think he has been the best of the rookies to this point but connor has the higher ceiling and has been amazing aswell.
Like... Although, I have him and Conner side by side at this point.
If I had to, I'd probably just inch Conner ahead at this point.

I wonder how he would have gone with the time trial vs. Kane once he matures and if Kane was still around.

I dont think anything came out about his results but I expect next year he'll be close to the front. Clurey is a machine though.

Still, there is such a thing as running fit vs. Match fit, and Duursma is insanely match fit.

I love how he finds himself forward for goals. Those goals are off the back of pure hard work and burning his opponent to get into space.

I bet he is an absolute nightmare to match up on. Polec absolutely hated it.

I dont think anything came out about his results but I expect next year he'll be close to the front. Clurey is a machine though.

Still, there is such a thing as running fit vs. Match fit, and Duursma is insanely match fit.

Yep. Kornes, Clurey, Colquhoun etc were supremely fit but they were never quick. Duursma is both. One might say that he has a unique blend of speed and endurance.

Would have to have the biggest tank of any first year player we've ever had at the club at AFL level.
absolutely, he would have to be setting records for distance covered by a 1st year player as he isnt to far away from Scully's record of all-time distance covered in a game, at to that he is absolutely fearless attacking the ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of our more historical posters would remember Sturt century goal kicker of the 1970s Ken Whelan. He also did ballet as a young un and attributed that to his athleticism, including a huge leap and ability to land on his feet after grabbing one of his soaring marks.

196863667abfea49e2636d4467f8a77d

Some of our more historical posters would remember Sturt century goal kicker of the 1970s Ken Whelan. He also did ballet as a young un and attributed that to his athleticism, including a huge leap and ability to land on his feet after grabbing one of his soaring marks.

196863667abfea49e2636d4467f8a77d
Saw Ken play .. well bugger me, never knew he was into ballet.

Saw Ken play .. well bugger me, never knew he was into ballet.

I was at a game at Unley where he kicked 10 goals on us.

Duursma doesn't have quite that spectacular leap (or at least he hasn't ripped one out yet) but he can take a big pack mark.

I was at a game at Unley where he kicked 10 goals on us.

Duursma doesn't have quite that spectacular leap (or at least he hasn't ripped one out yet) but he can take a big pack mark.
Time will tell, but geez, I think everyone likes his work rate and his hard at it attitude. He is going to be a good player for Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back