Delisted 13. Liam Stocker

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing to do with my club but thought I'd have a look at that video. Good on the Blues for releasing that sort of inner sanctum content, it's always super interesting.

For the record I would've been happy with my club taking Stocker at #12, let alone #18. I reckon that kid is gonna make a few recruiters look silly. And hopefully with the return of Docherty and the additions of Walsh, Setterfield, McGovern, Fasolo, Newman and Stocker without really losing anyone of value, your mob can finish near or above the Crows and make their recruiter look doubly silly.
Shameless attempt to harvest likes by rubbing our bellies and, at the same time, taking a crack at the Crows who are fast becoming one of our least favourite teams.

Don't be a stranger!! :D:thumbsu:

Totally agree...the pressure in the Cow's war-room would have been no different to ours, maybe more. They had two picks close to one another (16 and 19), so would have been trying to work out which players they are looking to pick, along with the added pressure with the Carlton trade, which we couldn't commit to. Reid would have had his henchmen all looking at him "so, are we trading or picking"?

I reckon with the trades we've done with them over the past few years, SOS would have much preferred to be dealing with Reid, than that nob Dodoro.

I'm willing to bet Ricciuto would have been prowling around the room.

Shameless attempt to harvest likes by rubbing our bellies and, at the same time, taking a crack at the Crows who are fast becoming one of our least favourite teams.

Don't be a stranger!! :D:thumbsu:
And if they get permission from the AFL to play home games in their 'prison bar' black and white stripes, and at the same time completely pissing off Eddie, I think we should reciprocate the good will :D

Still think that we've got the better of the Cows over the past few years...the Gibbs trade for 2 first rounders last year landed us some great young talent.

Interesting this year though. If the MM trade had have fallen through by chance, we probably would still have traded the 2 second rounders to the Swans for pick 13. .
No. Would not have been enough. Swans wanted a Crows pick thrown in to give up pick 13 to them along with the mid draft picks we gave to Crows for McGovern.

I look at like if we got Dylan Shiel we do not have Stocker and a first round pick next year.
So in short term we did not get the mature aged mid we wanted but with that out of our control we still drafted an extra mid we needed for long term. So the short term mid boost not there but the ongoing build has deeper roots now. We now basically working on the internal mid development of Kennedy, SPS, Lang and Setterfield to collectively not miss what we wanted from Shiel added next year. That would be the aim for 2019. Actually leaves us with an option next year in a way. If the mids come on quicker than we planned we got a pick we probably intended to trade for a mid to now use for something else. Have a funny feeling missing Shiel going to turn into a blessing in disguise.

Last edited:
Still think that we've got the better of the Cows over the past few years...the Gibbs trade for 2 first rounders last year landed us some great young talent.

Interesting this year though. If the MM trade had have fallen through by chance, we probably would still have traded the 2 second rounders to the Swans for pick 13. So we would have picked up Walsh and Stocker through the draft anyway, but no Gov.

So, technically, we've swapped 2019 first round picks with them, and got Gov in return...so if we by chance finish close to them in 2019, we pretty much got him for nothing (except the state player access pick, which we got for nothing anyway).

Maybe that's why SOS likes dealing with Reid :)

Adelaide needed to throw in an extra pick to Sydney in that three way deal, makes your scenario even better for us IMO.

No. Would not have been enough. Swans wanted a Crows pick thrown in to give up pick 13 to them along with the mid draft picks we gave to Crows for McGovern.

Doesn't mean they'd have got it in a two club deal. They saw an opportunity to extract some extra value out of a multi-club trade and got the bikkies. Our two seconds for 13 would have probably closed the deal if it was just us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I look at like if we got Dylan Shiel we do not have Stocker and a first round pick next year.
So in short term we did not get the mature aged mid we wanted but with that out of our control we still drafted an extra mid we needed for long term. So the short term mid boost not there but the ongoing build has deeper roots now. We now basically working on the internal mid development of Kennedy, SPS, Lang and Setterfield to collectively not miss what we wanted from Shiel added next year. That would be the aim for 2019. Actually leaves us with an option next year in a way. If the mids come on quicker than we planned we got a pick we probably intended to trade for a mid to now use for something else. Have a funny feeling missing Shiel going to turn into a blessing in disguise.
Reckon Stocker will be better for us than Sheil over the course of their careers from here onwards.

Our targets for mature players should be free agents. We only need a coniglio type each trade period to top up after losing our senior group like simmo/murph whilst always investing in one or two kids.

Our targets for mature players should be free agents
That goes without saying. If can get a free agent it avoids needing to trade for a ready made quality player we could use. But I honestly think our list for future is set. Just needs to grow and mature from within and might push the salary cap limits in three or four years anyway.

It is not speculation. It is what happened. Sydney got more points with three picks in a three way trade than just two mid range picks. Smart move by them.

So are we talking speculation about what we'd have had to give Sydney for Pick 13 if the McGovern deal never panned out? Or are we just talking about what actually happened?

The latter doesn't need much more coverage, it's well documented.

Speculation - if McGovern didn't happen, and we simply took an offer to Sydney of our two seconds for Pick 13, I suspect they would have accepted the deal (unless another club offered more). They were able to extract Pick 40 as well because they became the enabler in a deal between us and Adelaide.

HA, joke's on Adelaide!

Impossible for us to slide next year.

SOS has thought of everything :p

I must admit. Recent days got me a bit excited when look closer at our midfield talent in 22 consensus that we might advance quicker than I was expecting a few weeks back. I need to put the lid back on. Where is it ?

I must admit. Recent days got me a bit excited when look closer at our midfield talent in 22 consensus that we might advance quicker than I was expecting a few weeks back. I need to put the lid back on. Where is it ?
The lid was thrown into the wind like a frisbee....:D
Rejoice I say and shirk not from exuberant optimism
in other words hope for the best ..thats actually hard for us lot after expecting the worst so long