Delisted 13. Liam Stocker

Remove this Banner Ad

Not had this depth of skill level for mids since Ashman, Buckley, Sheldon, Keogh, Armstrong, Harmes, Marcou, Catoggio, Young and Francis all on list together. Probably cannot count Vinnie as a genuine mid. Not sure if he ever roved when Ashman and Sheldon rested forward. Still even into early 1980's when Armstrong, Keogh and Francis all gone they were replaced with Wells, Maylin, Glascott and Marchesani. Then when Wells retired, Dominator started to play more midfield from 1984 onwards and added Blackwell too and then Bradley and Naley in mid 1980's. Then Gleeson. Had a lot of depth in midfield until Ashman, Sheldon and Buckley went. Later 80's was not as strong as early 80's. This young group we got now, could be most talented since the Ashman, Sheldon and Buckley era. We were not far off 4 flags in a row in that era. Hoping this 2020's can rival it as time goes on.

You are off the freakin hook FF78 … love it!

Not had this depth of skill level for mids since Ashman, Buckley, Sheldon, Keogh, Armstrong, Harmes, Marcou, Catoggio, Young and Francis all on list together. Probably cannot count Vinnie as a genuine mid. Not sure if he ever roved when Ashman and Sheldon rested forward. Still even into early 1980's when Armstrong, Keogh and Francis all gone they were replaced with Wells, Maylin, Glascott and Marchesani. Then when Wells retired, Dominator started to play more midfield from 1984 onwards and added Blackwell too and then Bradley and Naley in mid 1980's. Then Gleeson. Had a lot of depth in midfield until Ashman, Sheldon and Buckley went. Later 80's was not as strong as early 80's. This young group we got now, could be most talented since the Ashman, Sheldon and Buckley era. We were not far off 4 flags in a row in that era. Hoping this 2020's can rival it as time goes on.

Love that!

I daresay the 95 midfield of Bradley, Ratten, Williams, Brown, Koutoufides, Hanna, Camporeale, Hogg and Gleeson (although not a premiership player) is up there as well.

Dont forget Murphy. I reckon he will go well without that captaincy. Run him on a wing into half forward....still got 5 years. It's foolish to write him off so soon.

And while we are at it don't forget Fraser Murphy as a great gut running depth and handy finisher in that marvellous era.
28 more years imo.

Interesting that Adelaide thought we were much more likely to finish lower than St Kilda when they offered Future 1st and 36 for 19 and Crows Future first.

We must be better than the Aints next year. Anything less is a failure for us. Their team looks terrible and Max King (a potentially great draft pick) is exactly the player the did not need, the simply lack elite midfield talent. Their team needs Sam Walsh AND Izak Rankine (and more).

I am wrong, I see more Luke Parker than Adam Treloar in Stocker's game.
Could live with that, like the way Parker goes about his work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Extroverts are good. Need a mix of all types, not too many of one or the other. I'm on the side of if you are going to have too many, much better to have too many extroverts. Can be disaster, but can also be spectacular if chemistry is right.

Extroverts are good. Need a mix of all types, not too many of one or the other. I'm on the side of if you are going to have too many, much better to have too many extroverts. Can be disaster, but can also be spectacular if chemistry is right.
Ross Wilson agrees.

I don't mind a bit of Arrogance as long as it's the right kind. If it's the supreme confidence in his own abilities and willingness to work hard to show people that's fine. If it's more feelings of entitlement then that's a bigger problem.

Hopefully exposure to a professional environment will bring out the best in him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone proposed the “woof” for this kid?

Worthy candidate?

No ones currrently got it have they?

so, how about that Stocker eh ...

is the Arrogant tag a "rumour" or "fact"?? ... seems to have been presented as fact by TRP ... or at least certainly appears to be perceived as fact by now ...

Stocker, all of 18 years of age, said on draft night that he wants to repay the faith shown by CFC ... He has also stated elsewhere that the RFC feedback hit him between the eyes and he took it on board, in a kind of "chip on the shoulder" (his words) reactive "i'll show you" way ... which may indicate a bit of internal conflict between insecurity (lots of changes in his early life) and ingrained self belief ...

he is 18 and still emotionally raw, but VERY articulate ... so if his emotional intelligence is indeed immature (wow, who'd think it of an 18yo) then i'm sure the respect he would be craving from the likes of Cripps (a stated role model of his) will fast track the growth in that area and help turn him into an influential club leader in the Hodge mould (does anyone remember what Hodge Snr told Dermie post draft?)

but why is this even being brought up in only his 3rd (??) week at the club? we know Harry has proved a bit of a handful at times ... they're still kids and still growing into their bodies, emotions, minds and soul ... i like to think we have the experienced heads on board to address the "human" elements as well as the jobbing, footy ones

is the Arrogant tag a "rumour" or "fact"?? ... seems to have been presented as fact by TRP ... or at least certainly appears to be perceived as fact by now ...

Stocker, all of 18 years of age, said on draft night that he wants to repay the faith shown by CFC ... He has also stated elsewhere that the RFC feedback hit him between the eyes and he took it on board, in a kind of "chip on the shoulder" (his words) reactive "i'll show you" way ... which may indicate a bit of internal conflict between insecurity (lots of changes in his early life) and ingrained self belief ...

he is 18 and still emotionally raw, but VERY articulate ... so if his emotional intelligence is indeed immature (wow, who'd think it of an 18yo) then i'm sure the respect he would be craving from the likes of Cripps (a stated role model of his) will fast track the growth in that area and help turn him into an influential club leader in the Hodge mould (does anyone remember what Hodge Snr told Dermie post draft?)

but why is this even being brought up in only his 3rd (??) week at the club? we know Harry has proved a bit of a handful at times ... they're still kids and still growing into their bodies, emotions, minds and soul ... i like to think we have the experienced heads on board to address the "human" elements as well as the jobbing, footy ones

great post .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No ones seen him play yet. Have hopes but no expectations. There are plenty on the list now with 'potential' to grab a spot. Couldn't give a stuff which ones. Just start winning games.

No ones seen him play yet. Have hopes but no expectations. There are plenty on the list now with 'potential' to grab a spot. Couldn't give a stuff which ones. Just start winning games.

ahhh ok ... not getting the point, or at least why you've quoted my post to make your point