Player Watch Riley Thilthorpe

Remove this Banner Ad

We finally get a home grown talent who looks like he’s here for the long term then this :p
“A Crows supporter his whole life, Patrick Dangerfield and Kurt Tippett were some of the players he admired growing up”

They just did a piece on Ebony Marinoff a few days back too where she said she was "always a massive Kurt Tippett fan" as well.

I mean, I was a fan as well at the time, but he did kinda poison the well, you know?

They just did a piece on Ebony Marinoff a few days back too where she said she was "always a massive Kurt Tippett fan" as well.

I mean, I was a fan as well at the time, but he did kinda poison the well, you know?
Yeah he was a favorite of mine.

I think Thilthorpe will follow a similar path to McAsey last year. I think he play early with planned breaks during the year.

The issue will be breaking the news to Tex that he's playing SANFL.

Tex won't play SANFL unless it's a tune up returning from a decent injury. We will try the Tex, Lynch, Fog, RT and Himmelberg forward line if all fit. When it doesn't work and if there's no injuries, it won't be Tex or Lynch playing 2s. One of the other 3 will make way. You will never see "(omit)" appear next to Lynch or Tex name. Lynch plays the Lynch role better than anyone anyway, so he's no chance to be dropped unless they reassess the need for the role.

Wonder if donkey Frampton might be able to plug a hole in defence now Hartigan is gone, he is a long way back in the forward line pecking order.
Punching the ball is more his thing. He has concrete hands, can't mark for shyt.

We said the same about EH and then he started clunking them. Frampton's hands have not seemed a problem to my eye.

I don't blame him. If his manager and the club put forward a deal that the club is signing, I don't expect him to explain to them why and how it breaches AFL rules. Whole s**t show is on the club, his manager and old man. Kurt is the athlete, he places trust in the experts to not deliberately put him at risk.

Even in defence he is well back in the pecking order

A really strange decision to give Billy a 3 year deal

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Probably ain't on a big wicket, so had to give him the extra year to get him over. We've been pretty consistent with our ruck setup over the years, the clear #1 (Sauce and now ROB), the developing ruck on the rookie list (ROB, Strachan, Hunter, Ben Dowdell, Jack Osborn) and the cheap, experienced backup (Angus Graham, Luke Lowden and now Frampton).

Frampton isn't gonna set the world on fire if he does play, but he will contribute in some fashion if he does.

I think Thilthorpe will follow a similar path to McAsey last year. I think he play early with planned breaks during the year.

The issue will be breaking the news to Tex that he's playing SANFL.

Hopefully the path includes looking like an AFL calibre talent at some point.

We said the same about EH and then he started clunking them. Frampton's hands have not seemed a problem to my eye.
I watched him live at thebby oval in the pre season game vs port he cant grab the footy...dropped multiple (easy) marks.
Everything he does is forced, not a footballer and won't be.

EH has soft hands the problem is he also has a soft body and folds up like my old beach chair.
I'm convinced if he had more core strength he'd be twice the player.

EH always took the ball cleanly at ground level. He dropped uncontested marks from panic, and contested marks from lack of strength. The capacity to mark cleanly too was always there.

Frampton is a total spud with zero feel for the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tex won't play SANFL unless it's a tune up returning from a decent injury. We will try the Tex, Lynch, Fog, RT and Himmelberg forward line if all fit. When it doesn't work and if there's no injuries, it won't be Tex or Lynch playing 2s. One of the other 3 will make way. You will never see "(omit)" appear next to Lynch or Tex name. Lynch plays the Lynch role better than anyone anyway, so he's no chance to be dropped unless they reassess the need for the role.

I wouldnt put it past Nicks to play Walker in the SANFL, he's clearly more aware than previous coaches in regards looking beyond a player's name at selection

EH was definitely known for hard hands. You don't need to be strong to have soft and sticky hands. Improved his marking a lot this year. Still needs more strength though.
I’ll agree most here thought of him as having hard hands, although they were wrong. EH was always clean at ground level.

Did AFC entertain any offers for the #1 pick or was it always off the table?

What would've Crows supporters thought about swapping it for two of Essendon's picks?

After the draft there was some talk about us setting the bar for a trade at the equivalent of 3 first rounders with Sydney (2 picks and Dylan Stephens), so realistically I don't think 2 of the Bombers picks would have been sufficient.

After the draft there was some talk about us setting the bar for a trade at the equivalent of 3 first rounders with Sydney (2 picks and Dylan Stephens), so realistically I don't think 2 of the Bombers picks would have been sufficient.
Big price to pay, 3 first-rounders for the #2 pick.

Not sure what I'd rather, 2 top-line kids from the top 10 or a top 2 kid. Each year would be different but you'd have to weigh it up if it meant that your squad would be stronger for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back