Player Watch Riley Thilthorpe

Remove this Banner Ad

I do wonder why Ben King's kicking action is so much better than Max's when originally Max was the forward and the more highly touted of the two, is it anything to do with the knee injury I wonder?
M.King's set shot technique is actually quite solid as well compared to MacKay's so not sure why he is missing so much gettable set shot this year, he did have an eye injury early this season.

McDonald was never the worry IMO. Overrated. It’s Holland’s Who has the X factor. Knee aside. Let’s just leave Riley to do his thing in peace. Injuries aside we have a ripper here. And it’s all to see in his draft highlights package. Cant wait to see him in the flesh this Saturday

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
I was always TT > McDonald, but he showed heaps in his first few games and is definitely not overrated. I think both will be fantastic forwards.

...... And it’s all to see in his draft highlights package. Cant wait to see him in the flesh this Saturday

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

You're assuming he is selected.

Didn't we drop a player who got the RS nod??

And Billy kicked 7...

"We were wrapt with Rileys game but we feel he needs to go back and work on a couple of things, its a long season and he'll be better for the experience"

And Billy kicked 7...

"We were wrapt with Rileys game but we feel he needs to go back and work on a couple of things, its a long season and he'll be better for the experience"
No chance that will happen. Lock RT in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Billy kicked 7...

RT will not be dropped this week.....

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Himmelberg is the one in danger, if they wanted to pick Billy
Surely we are not swapping Frampton for Berg after 1 game... after Frampton was given 5 games to prove himself.

Surely we are not swapping Frampton for Berg after 1 game... after Frampton was given 5 games to prove himself.
Selection integrity, Kane

Have to reward 7 goals

Himmelberg is the one in danger, if they wanted to pick Billy
Billy can stay in the SANFL and show us all if he can repeat his efforts back there before he gets another shot at the AFL.

Himmelberg should be back there too..

Himmelberg/frampton, Tex, TT and Fog all in at once is just too tall. Not sure why they would persist with that but maybe its because they dont want to put TT anywhere near the Ruck at this stage so they still need one of frampton/himm in there to chop out when ROB is on the pine..

maybe have a forward line of;
-TT and Tex as the talls.
-Fog as the third tall and also continuing with his midfield minutes.
-Mcadam (the one that doesnt focus soley on taking MOTY every time the ball comes in)
-And the rest of the forward spots being made up out of Murphy, Newchurch, Rowe, Cook, Pedlar, Hately.

be much more balanced as add a lot more speed rather than having too much tall timber..

Murphy and Rowe need to lift their game though.. and lynch, lynch can GAGF’d.. over him and his dumb s**t.

Have Fog chop out in the ruck for the 7 or so minutes ROB isnt out there..

Billy can stay in the SANFL and show us all if he can repeat his efforts back there before he gets another shot at the AFL.

Himmelberg/frampton, Tex, TT and Fog all in at once is just too tall. Not sure why they would persist with that but maybe its because they dont want to put TT anywhere near the Ruck at this stage so they still need one of frampton/himm in there to chop out when ROB is on the pine..

-Mcadam (the one that doesnt focus soley on taking MOTY every time the ball comes in)
-And the rest of the forward spots being made up out of Murphy, Newchurch, Rowe, Cook, Pedlar, Hately.

be much more balanced as add a lot more speed rather than having too much tall timber..

Murphy and Rowe need to lift their game though.. and lynch, lynch can GAGF’d.. over him and his dumb sh*t.

💯 this, Himmelberg had 1 CBA on the weekend didn’t he? If that’s how they rotate the 2nd ruck players with ROB then is there any real point to that position?

Not sure the ruck is the same as it was

The circle limiting run ups and the 3rd man up rule has fundamentally changed the crash and bash nature of the position

Ruckmen now seem to have the longest careers of any position on the ground
I agree with this, but why waste his talent in Ruck?

I reckon you just need adequate Ruckman, and better mids.

Keep Tilthorpe's talent in the forward line. Yes Ruck there.

But when our mids win a centre break, look up and see a mobile Tilthorpe, it is a great target.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Murphy and Rowe need to lift their game though.. and lynch, lynch can GAGF’d.. over him and his dumb sh*t.

Could we put Fog forward at times and throw McAdam in the ruck as ROB cover. Bloke can seriously jump and might get him in the game, he just needs to get his hands on the ball. I feel he is a confidence player. Just a random thought

I agree with this, but why waste his talent in Ruck?

I reckon you just need adequate Ruckman, and better mids.

Keep Tilthorpe's talent in the forward line. Yes Ruck there.

But when our mids win a centre break, look up and see a mobile Tilthorpe, it is a great target.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I wouldn't, even in the forward line. Tex has been a rather dangerous player in the ruck contest.

Considering it's a rebuild, and the players we have at our disposal, I'd be very tempted to ditch the 2nd ruck role in its entirety for a while. Go with a forward line of Thilthorpe, Tex, Fog (with some midfield rotations) and load the rest up with small forwards or mid rotations.

I like Himmelberg a lot, and we probably don't drop him after a three goal performance, but it does seem like that is the problem position right now.

Putting aside that I think TT had the better game overall as most of Koschitzke's goals were from simple uncontested marks, TT hadn't ever played at the level before. To come in, get up to speed and dominate in one match up against veteran defenders is crazy. It's the most Rising Star nomination worthy game I could think of

Don’t worry TT will have one by the end of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back