Player Watch Riley Thilthorpe

Remove this Banner Ad

No real chance of leaving? If he keeps showing potential he's going to have million dollar contracts thrown at him real quick.

He may be a SA boy but that's a lot of temptation.

Not to mention the lure of Melbourne or Sydney for a young successful man. The night life, the girls, the opportunities off the field.
Huge paranoia

I still think Hberg is part of our future.

Don't mind the top heavy forward line for this year and next.

2023 Tex and Lynch are gone.

RT, Fog and Hberg is a good trio of Forwards to build around.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I'm not sure Lynch makes it past this year.

A couple of posters that were not happy that we didn't take Logan McDonald have gone very, very quiet on that front since the weekend.

I feel like at the time of the draft there was more disappointment that Hollands wasn’t taken than McDonald. That’ll be interesting to follow too.

I feel like at the time of the draft there was more disappointment that Hollands wasn’t taken than McDonald. That’ll be interesting to follow too.
I’ll put my hand up as someone who wanted Hollands. Was happy enough to take Thilthorpe too.

I really didn’t want to use our pick on McDonald. Obviously you’d be happy with McDonald in your squad but for me not at the expense of Hollands or Thilthorpe.

I think the ACL is worst than first thought from the medical test, hence why he slide to pick 7 and this would explain why GCS is apparently taking a very cautious approach with him.

Yet Frampton had no problem marking in the SANFl. It shits me how some players look good in SANFL but dont get near it in AFL yet the guy who replaces them struggle in SANFL yet look great in AFL.
Bit of a left field idea, but do you think the defenders in the AFL are a touch bigger/stronger/better than those in the SANFL?

No real chance of leaving? If he keeps showing potential he's going to have million dollar contracts thrown at him real quick.

He may be a SA boy but that's a lot of temptation.

Not to mention the lure of Melbourne or Sydney for a young successful man. The night life, the girls, the opportunities off the field.
Riley will never leave to Melbourne. He's cut from the same cloth as Lukosius in that regard. Won't go chasing that sort of attention. He'll be a crow for life barring mismanagement by the club.

Yet Frampton had no problem marking in the SANFl. It shits me how some players look good in SANFL but dont get near it in AFL yet the guy who replaces them struggle in SANFL yet look great in AFL.
Scott Hodges.

I remember going to footy park to see Sturt V Port and from memory he kicked 15-1 against us and was potting them from everywhere. Then in the same season, he had a shot from literally 30m out almost dead in front V Collingwood at Victoria park to win the game for us and kicked a point and condemned the boys to a loss and the consolation of Victoria Park hospitality of the cold showers in the away rooms!!. Very good SANFL player..average AFL player

Riley will never leave to Melbourne. He's cut from the same cloth as Lukosius in that regard. Won't go chasing that sort of attention. He'll be a crow for life barring mismanagement by the club.
True, but its a two street as well. We will also remunerate him as well, without taking advantage of that.

Getting Luko is massive for us.

Scott Hodges.

I remember going to footy park to see Sturt V Port and from memory he kicked 15-1 against us and was potting them from everywhere. Then in the same season, he had a shot from literally 30m out almost dead in front V Collingwood at Victoria park to win the game for us and kicked a point and condemned the boys to a loss and the consolation of Victoria Park hospitality of the cold showers in the away rooms!!. Very good SANFL player..average AFL player
Isnt that the guy that would tilt his head when shooting for goal? Its no wonder his kicks would go off to the side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another fun fact with Grotto!!! hehehe
Fun Facts with Grotto

Scott Hodges kicked at an average of ~64% (does not consider his shanks where it went out of bounds).

He kicked 100 goals 56 behinds for the AFC.

as a comparison Mods kicked at ~65%

588g 308b for both Crows and Docks

Bit of a left field idea, but do you think the defenders in the AFL are a touch bigger/stronger/better than those in the SANFL?
Definitely but still doesn't explain his set shot and had he kick those set shot (some of them were very gettable) he would still be in the AFL side.

So best to trade him now while his value is high?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back