Player Watch Riley Thilthorpe

Remove this Banner Ad

And this is a massive advantage to McDonald, his hand ball vision which lead direct to clearance has surprised me and now why I can see he was picked ahead of McDonald even if he wasn't a SA players and massive Crows supporter.
And that is no knock on mcdonald who.has all the attributes to become a classic full forward and have a great career. It is just that thilthorpe has so much more to offer along with being top class forward

Edit. Its a bit like longmire and carey. Longmire in his own right was a great forward..he was just overshadowed by an even more talented player

Can’t get enough of this kid. Him and Tex kicking goals are basically what I tune in for these days. Love to see a kid so confident in his ability, and actually using it. Also love the fact that with RT, there seems to be a new trick with each passing game! :D

I'm so glad the Bulldogs matched us on pick 1. We took a risky course but it has come up gold so far. Pick 1 was a no brainer except on BF. The lad was playing senior SANFL football for 2 years. At 19 his upside is massive.

Last edited:
I'm so glad the Bulldogs matched us on pick 1. We took a risky course but it has come up gold so far. Pick 1 was a no brainer except on BF. The lad was playing senior SANFL football for 2 years. At 19 his upside is massive.
It wasn’t a risk bidding on JUH. Bulldogs were always going to match. Their first pick was going to be in the teens otherwise.

He's played in 5 states in his 8 games and hasn't played in Victoria at all, or the GABBA, Metricon or the SCG.

Hell of an anomaly
Genuinely wonder if when we play at the MCG later this year vs Carlton I think it is. Could we be looking at a record for most MCG debutants for a team (Not in their 1st year in the VFL/AFL or 1st year back post-war)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club and the league has been aware of him for a few years and they would have not thought they were a chance to draft him. Looks like a good year for us to have bottomed out as he truly does look like one of the most talented talls to come into the game for years.

That is not a knock on guys like ben and max king, aaron naughton etc who are all exceptional. Its just that thilthorpe looks to have just about every aspect of THE all round player covered from what we see so far. You can only just imagine how happy the crows brainstrust would be right now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back