Player Watch Riley Thilthorpe

Remove this Banner Ad

You could have put a blanket over the top 5 or so, any one of them could have gone at almost any position (excluding bids).

I honestly can't believe North passed on McDonald given the state of the forward line. Then they picked another 2 inside mids after Phillips.
Strange move by them, really strange

We should be playing Til and Fog as our two primary forwards.

Fill the structure around them; but it should be these two we build around.
That'll be the idea, but Fog looks nowhere near it at the moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are there any highlights of him yesterday, I missed after half time.
Couple of instances showing Tilly's deft touch kicking to advantage of team mates (probably thinking "Ok guys, can you do that for me too please?")...

crows-v-port-resrv-1-q3-6m30s-gif.1066934

crows-v-port-resrv-1-q4-8m10s-gif.1066939

and this one where his mark attempt doesn't get paid so he takes a snap that hits base of goal post...

crows-v-port-resrv-1-q4-3m40s-gif.1066937

Last edited:
Couple of instances showing Tilly's deft touch kicking to advantage of team mates (probably thinking "Ok buys, can you do that for me too please?")...

crows-v-port-resrv-1-q3-6m30s-gif.1066934

crows-v-port-resrv-1-q4-8m10s-gif.1066939

and this one where his mark attempt doesn't get paid so he takes a snap that hits base of goal post...

crows-v-port-resrv-1-q4-3m40s-gif.1066937
That first clip is wild. Moves like lachy sholl in that he can step either way and back himself to hit a target on his left or right.

Has got all the tools this bloke. Was obvious 2 years ago. Smart player to go with it.
Look, I think any of last years top 5 would have been a high quality pick and they will end up becoming very good players. For us, Thilthorpe just ticks so many boxes and that he has been very dominant over his underage years, is local and happens to be a big crows fan just solidifies why he is a great pick when combined with his almost unique skill set and presence for a guy his size. Happy days when we called his name out at pick 2

Here you go brenton:

This is what real people, actually thought.

#welcome
This should give some confidence to several that had not actually seen Luke Pedlar and Sam Berry play that they were "just" inside mids. Especially those that were questioning Sam Berry's numbers as a "midfielder".

11. Adelaide Crows: Luke Pedlar
Recruited from: Glenelg, SANFL / Kingston / PAC
Position: Medium forward/midfielder
Height: 183cm
Weight: 80 kg
DOB: 17/05/02
Cal Twomey’s draft range: 10-25

28: Adelaide Crows: Sam Berry
Recruited from: Gippsland Power, NAB League / Maffra / Melbourne Grammar
Position: Medium forward
Height: 181cm
Weight: 81kg
DOB: 12/02/02
Cal Twomey’s draft range: 20-40

Here you go brenton:

This is what real people, actually thought.

#welcome
Try posting evidence that’s actually relevant to the debate. Who took who is only indicative of who was available at each teams pick.

That “Puff piece” as you put it, at least adds something to the debate. You, most certainly, have not.

Any reservations I had about drafting Thilthorpe have disintegrated. He looks great.

I wasn’t convinced either given the little I’d seen of him at SANFL level. Happy to have been proven wrong.

there is no debate.

your first paragraph is embarrassing by your standards

There is debate. It’s on this thread. You’re just not adding any evidence, just bluster and bluff. As a former detective and analyst I prefer to deal in objective debate, not hot air as seems your preference.

I’m not going to further engage in this until you actually provide an objective counter argument.

I won’t hold my breath. It would be fatal...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back