Player Watch Riley Thilthorpe

Remove this Banner Ad

If
Anyone thinking he has to stay with us because he’s local must have rocks in their head; or worse, rocks in their pipe
he goes on to reach the heights we think he can and then lose him at some point to a rival club because we lowballed him i will be the first one out the front of the club with my pitchfork let me tell you.

That was the most BigFootyish article I've ever read. Complete with Simpsons gifs and all.

If

he goes on to reach the heights we think he can and then lose him at some point to a rival club because we lowballed him i will be the first one out the front of the club with my pitchfork let me tell you.

go home doesn’t exist. It never did.

it costs more to lure a player away but still it happens

players also leave money on table to go to better situations, more successful programs

there are no guarantees, and complacency is 3/4 of the way to losing anyone

go home doesn’t exist. It never did.

it costs more to lure a player away but still it happens

players also leave money on table to go to better situations, more successful programs

there are no guarantees, and complacency is 3/4 of the way to losing anyone
I think that there are certain players each club has from time to time that are lets say franchise players. I see thilthorpe as possibly being that player if he reaches his full potential. If so the club had better not use the treat em mean to keep em.keen strategy and i would like to hope they see the real value of keeping a possible superstar that is already at the club..at the club and open the purse strings accordingly

I'm not sure Lynch makes it past this year.

This last match showed there is nothing surer than Lynch playing next year. We will provide him with an AFL approved walking frame if need be.

I mean, we can't even bring ourselves to delist old man Mackay and he isn't even best 22 any more.

That was the most BigFootyish article I've ever read. Complete with Simpsons gifs and all.

He should at least give credit to whoever came up with that Frampton meme.

loved his 3rd attacking the ball at its apex

how painful would it be watching that if he were in different colours
Yes I noticed that, with his reach its going nigh on to be almost impossible sto top him from marking unless you are chopping his arms.

Fun Facts with Grotto

Scott Hodges kicked at an average of ~64% (does not consider his shanks where it went out of bounds).

He kicked 100 goals 56 behinds for the AFC.

as a comparison Mods kicked at ~65%

588g 308b for both Crows and Docks

More importantly is that better or worse than Lockett?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've had Thrillthorpe as my signature for months too

Should have copyrighted it

We will need to have a shitload of salary cap available for this guy over 10 years. Think $700k+ per year and that could be starting as early as his 3rd year.

Hope the club has prepared for this. You can't take a top 3 pick then stuff them around on salary

I think that there are certain players each club has from time to time that are lets say franchise players. I see thilthorpe as possibly being that player if he reaches his full potential. If so the club had better not use the treat em mean to keep em.keen strategy and i would like to hope they see the real value of keeping a possible superstar that is already at the club..at the club and open the purse strings accordingly

"Don't worry Filthy, stick with us mate, there's a huge paycheque with your name on it as soon as you've turned 26 and have already earned the money."

Anyone thinking he has to stay with us because he’s local must have rocks in their head; or worse, rocks in their pipe
What it does mean is that another club will nees to pay significant overs in a contract and trade to get him out of SA

Does that mean we would have to match a rival contract offer, my assumption would be probably not.

RT may put a value on staying in SA and being a one club player for the club he grew u ok supporting. With that said if he does reach his ceiling as a player he would expect to be the highest paid player at the club

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We will need to have a shitload of salary cap available for this guy over 10 years. Think $700k+ per year and that could be starting as early as his 3rd year.

Hope the club has prepared for this. You can't take a top 3 pick then stuff them around on salary
Mate I think we are fine in that department. TBH I have no idea how we are still making the 95% salary requirement as it stands after all the list cuts in the last 3 seasons.

If we cut Lynch, and let Crouch walk this offseason there's close to another mil coming off the books as well. We may need to extend Riley this offseason just to meet the clubs minimum salary requirements. And TBH it might not be the worst idea to get him signed up long term early anyway. May end up being a bargain

Yet Frampton had no problem marking in the SANFl. It shits me how some players look good in SANFL but dont get near it in AFL yet the guy who replaces them struggle in SANFL yet look great in AFL.

Wasnt he basically marking against midfielders all game? no real height to compete with

What it does mean is that another club will nees to pay significant overs in a contract and trade to get him out of SA

Does that mean we would have to match a rival contract offer, my assumption would be probably not.

RT may put a value on staying in SA and being a one club player for the club he grew u ok supporting. With that said if he does reach his ceiling as a player he would expect to be the highest paid player at the club

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

what if we still suck?

Mate I think we are fine in that department. TBH I have no idea how we are still making the 95% salary requirement as it stands after all the list cuts in the last 3 seasons.

If we cut Lynch, and let Crouch walk this offseason there's close to another mil coming off the books as well. We may need to extend Riley this offseason just to meet the clubs minimum salary requirements. And TBH it might not be the worst idea to get him signed up long term early anyway. May end up being a bargain
Would not surprise me in the least to hear that lynch is on $700k and crouch is on $650.. tex on $800 and Talia is on $700+ at least.

I remember reading rumours somewhere a few years back about Talia being a very shrewd opperator when it comes to negotiating his contracts.. will not stand for lowballing s**t and demanded his ideas on his worth were repsected and met. Given at the time of his last contract renewal he was probably one of the best defenders in the comp.. he wouldve been asking for a tidy sum.

given we have had salary cap pressures (according to Roo and most of the media anyway) for the past few seasons id say its due to the big contracts we’ve had Tex, Talia, lynch, Sloane and to an extent Mcrouch on in the last few seasons.

tex and talia should be offered significantly less for their next contracts.

lynch can GAGF’d.. go and find somewhere else to play.

Sloanes contract is locked in and, although its probably too high, we can live with it given the man his is around the team/club..

I’d be happy to see Mcrouch move on/or be encouraged to move via Free agency.

this would all free up massive amounts of coin in our cap..

what the hopeless dicks at our club will probably do though is;

re-sign tex, lynch and talia for another year on the same yearly coin they are on now and re-sign Mcrouch to a massive 5 year deal..

but, given our list management decision making in recent years, ive become a very cynical pessimist!.. so I could just be being overly negative with this...

No real chance of leaving? If he keeps showing potential he's going to have million dollar contracts thrown at him real quick.

He may be a SA boy but that's a lot of temptation.

Not to mention the lure of Melbourne or Sydney for a young successful man. The night life, the girls, the opportunities off the field.

Some would say you cant put a price on happiness. I had a job that paid double what I average a year now and I wouldnt take it back for a second. Much happier now.

There is an unrealistic paranoia in thinking girls and nightlife has any bearing on a move in 2020s. The semi pro era of top flight football is long dead where that might be a reason to do so, especially with the advent of tinder. The trend has been footballers move to their home state, not away from it.

The only way we lose Thilthorpe is we mismanage our cap. Though likely we blow our cap trying retaining Riley if anything, ala what Collingwood did with Grundy. There isn't many opportunities locked to Melbourne that isn't here. Roo for some God known reason is a commentator as a classic AFL industry example.

No matter the city you go there will be chicks flashing some tit and ass ready to bang an AFL footballer. Adelaide clubs arent as good as other cities, our night life is pretty piss poor. But a flight to Melbourne in the off season is 60 bucks, some have that in coins under the seat in the car.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back