Player Watch Riley Thilthorpe

Remove this Banner Ad

Some would say you cant put a price on happiness. I had a job that paid double what I average a year now and I wouldnt take it back for a second. Much happier now.
My last job I was on nearly triple what im on now.. that was five years ago now.

my life absolutely sucked though and I still have bad dreams where I’ve stupidly decided to get that job back and I’m about to board a plane to fifo in for a swing!..

sometimes the money simply just isnt worth it..

Would not surprise me in the least to hear that lynch is on $700k and crouch is on $650.. tex on $800 and Talia is on $700+ at least.

I remember reading rumours somewhere a few years back about Talia being a very shrewd opperator when it comes to negotiating his contracts.. will not stand for lowballing sh*t and demanded his ideas on his worth were repsected and met. Given at the time of his last contract renewal he was probably one of the best defenders in the comp.. he wouldve been asking for a tidy sum.

given we have had salary cap pressures (according to Roo and most of the media anyway) for the past few seasons id say its due to the big contracts we’ve had Tex, Talia, lynch, Sloane and to an extent Mcrouch on in the last few seasons.

tex and talia should be offered significantly less for their next contracts.

lynch can GAGF’d.. go and find somewhere else to play.

Sloanes contract is locked in and, although its probably too high, we can live with it given the man his is around the team/club..

I’d be happy to see Mcrouch move on/or be encouraged to move via Free agency.

this would all free up massive amounts of coin in our cap..

what the hopeless dicks at our club will probably do though is;

re-sign tex, lynch and talia for another year on the same yearly coin they are on now and re-sign MCrouch to a massive 5 year deal..

but, given our list management decision making in recent years, ive become a very cynical pessimist!.. so I could just be being overly negative with this...
To be honest I think Tex has played himself into another contract but i'd be very surprised if either Crouch or Lynch were Crow's next year.

I suspect Collingwood and Richmond to be in the market for an elite accumulator this offseason, and at age 26, Matt would be quite an attractive option for both clubs. Lynch I can see playing on, but it would be for a team looking for the last piece of the puzzle. If Melbourne fizz out this year then I could see him heading there for a year or 2 on a cheap deal.

Talia is the big question mark. Not sure how that plays out, or even how I want it to play out for that matter.

Either way, I think there will be truckloads of money available for Riley if we wanted to extend him sooner rather then later

To be honest I think Tex has played himself into another contract but i'd be very surprised if either Crouch or Lynch were Crow's next year.

I suspect Collingwood and Richmond to be in the market for an elite accumulator this offseason, and at age 26, Matt would be quite an attractive option for both clubs. Lynch I can see playing on, but it would be for a team looking for the last piece of the puzzle. If Melbourne fizz out this year then I could see him heading there for a year or 2 on a cheap deal.

Talia is the big question mark. Not sure how that plays out, or even how I want it to play out for that matter.

Either way, I think there will be truckloads of money available for Riley if we wanted to extend him sooner rather then later
Personally I think you can strike Collingwood off that list. They will be in full blown rebuild mode by years end

My last job I was on nearly triple what im on now.. that was five years ago now.

my life absolutely sucked though and I still have bad dreams where I’ve stupidly decided to get that job back and I’m about to board a plane to fifo in for a swing!..

sometimes the money simply just isnt worth it..
Sounds like you did what I did and made a pretty damn good choice to leave

"Don't worry Filthy, stick with us mate, there's a huge paycheque with your name on it as soon as you've turned 26 and have already earned the money."

He just needs to get in thick with Roo and he's set for life.*

*At least until Roo talks him into investing in Fire Power or another Phil Rankine scam.

I don't want to turn this into a list management thread, but given Crouch is a FA, I wouldn't rule them out

They just spent the entire last offseason clearing salary cap, they’re not going to then turn right back around this year and pay Crouch what he would want.

He had height advantage. But so does Thilthorpe at SANFL and he hasnt kicked 7 at SANFL. Yet bangs 5 at AFL debut.
Everything at sanfl level swings on the midfield. We were playing the cellar dwellers so our midfield finally had a game where they were on top. Also Jones wasn’t in there stinking it up.

frampton took full advantage and also clunked most of the marks that came his way.

They just spent the entire last offseason clearing salary cap, they’re not going to then turn right back around this year and pay Crouch what he would want.
Not a hill I need to die on, especially this early, but I'm certainly not writing them off just yet

Personally I think you can strike Collingwood off that list. They will be in full blown rebuild mode by years end
Can't afford them as well. They are paying treloar to play for another club because they couldn't pay his full salary, and he is a much better player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He just needs to get in thick with Roo and he's set for life.*

*At least until Roo talks him into investing in Fire Power or another Phil Rankine scam.
Nah he'll be the face of the Alma.

Mate I think we are fine in that department. TBH I have no idea how we are still making the 95% salary requirement as it stands after all the list cuts in the last 3 seasons.

If we cut Lynch, and let Crouch walk this offseason there's close to another mil coming off the books as well. We may need to extend Riley this offseason just to meet the clubs minimum salary requirements. And TBH it might not be the worst idea to get him signed up long term early anyway. May end up being a bargain

Contract loading.

Wasn’t a good day for forwards but I thought he showed more positive signs. Everytime he got near it something almost happened. Going to enjoy seeing him play in the showdown next week
Looked like he was playing that "Connector " (aka HFF) role for a while. Plus he can Ruck.

Don't mind that, I think he has the Footy smarts to do well at HFF.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back