Player Watch Riley Thilthorpe

Remove this Banner Ad

Looked like he was playing that "Connector " (aka HFF) role for a while. Plus he can Ruck.

Don't mind that, I think he has the Footy smarts to do well at HFF.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Looked very comfortable and non-plussed about suddenly finding himself in the ruck against Shane Mumford.

Personally I'd like to seem him used as 2nd ruck more regularly, get him involved in the game. Things are going to get pretty quiet and lonely in our forward line at times this year.

Looked very comfortable and non-plussed about suddenly finding himself in the ruck against Shane Mumford.

Personally I'd like to seem him used as 2nd ruck more regularly, get him involved in the game. Things are going to get pretty quiet and lonely in our forward line at times this year.

He did play ruck for a big chunk of his U18 year.

He's a very competitive kid, playing against Mummy would've been exciting for him.

Club has had to pull him back a bit which is a good sign.

Gives us the option of playing neither Berg or Billy if we prefer Fog with Walker....

He did play ruck for a big chunk of his U18 year.
Not a big chunk, he led the Bloods rucks for 2 weeks when Andre Parella and Stuart Taverner both went down, other than that he took a few ruck contests in the forward line in other games. Full time rucked against a combo of Jarrad Redden and Jack Hayes against WWT and Sam Bauldertone against the Redlegs who all comfortably had the better of him on the day, not unexpected given their experience.

I wouldn't personally, until he is a few more years physically developed. Ruck is the most punishing position to play and those knee and back injuries tend to plague ruckmen for a long time. He can still learn the craft in the forward line with a pinch hit in the ruck for a few mins every few weeks but the risks outweigh the benefit for me, especially when we're not really challenging right now.

Wasn’t a good day for forwards but I thought he showed more positive signs. Everytime he got near it something almost happened. Going to enjoy seeing him play in the showdown next week
That one hand take from a stationary ball with multiple opponents hanging of him to do a check side attempt at goal (although the ball only travel 10m along the ground).

I wouldn't personally, until he is a few more years physically developed. Ruck is the most punishing position to play and those knee and back injuries tend to plague ruckmen for a long time. He can still learn the craft in the forward line with a pinch hit in the ruck for a few mins every few weeks but the risks outweigh the benefit for me, especially when we're not really challenging right now.
He has genuine weapons where we could try him in various spots. He can play in the wings and outmark most mid/wing players. Up forward, we know he can take a grab, and has handy footy skills on both sides. His fitness is supposedly pretty good so he can be tried most parts around the ground if need be, anywhere between wing/ruck to CHF to FF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That left foot pass he did in the Showdown...

Moves like a mid, is good on both sides, can ruck, take a pack mark and kicks straight. Yep.
He did something similar down at Noarlunga in the last quarter against South. Took the mark on the wing, laced out Berg on the left who duly dropped it. RT followed the kick, got the handball then dribble kicked the left footer from 40 that clipped the post.

It seemed incredible to me pre draft that people were against landing this kid. He's already changing minds.

He's gonna be a gun for sure. Now we just need to draft some serious midfield talent to feed him. We can't afford to stuff up this draft/trade period.

That left foot pass he did in the Showdown...

Moves like a mid, is good on both sides, can ruck, take a pack mark and kicks straight. Yep.
One of a few who was very clean below the knee, did drop a few marks when he got his hand to them which he usually clunk.

He has adapted to AFL right off the bat. Very, and I mean very, few tall forwards can walk into the AFL and look at home from game 1.
Hard to believe we got one of the best potential tall forwards that has come out of the draft in the last couple of years, and he is a local kid who loves the Crows. Anyone here think he is in danger of leaving any time soon?

He has adapted to AFL right off the bat. Very, and I mean very, few tall forwards can walk into the AFL and look at home from game 1.
Hard to believe we got one of the best potential tall forwards that has come out of the draft in the last couple of years, and he is a local kid who loves the Crows. Anyone here think he is in danger of leaving any time soon?
No way. He's staying here. He'll earn plenty of coin right here without having to travel interstate.

We just need to look after him - by that, I mean he is in year 1 and now took a strain to the knee. rest him and put him in cotton wool for a week or 2. I want him to potentially be a 15 year key forward for us so a no risk policy I am more than happy with

Remove this Banner Ad

Back