Player Watch Riley Thilthorpe

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll admit to having been somewhat underwhelmed by what I’d seen of him in the SANFL and wanted McDonald. Was extremely happy to be proven wrong
Everyone knew he was very agile and can kick both feet but I wasn't aware of his elite handball and vision at stoppage ability while in ruck. This is probably what our recruiters saw and set him apart from McDonald.

Everyone knew he was very agile and can kick both feet but I wasn't aware of his elite handball and vision at stoppage ability while in ruck. This is probably what our recruiters saw and set him apart from McDonald.
This was noted many times in the two years leading to the draft and was evident watching him play.

Just watching the Bulldogs play North. Very lucky we dodged the Jugle-Hagan bullet. Dud!
I wouldn't write him off as a player yet but I do think it's funny how the Vic commentators wank off every time he gets near the ball. Dude could slip over and face plant and they'd be pitching a tent.

I wouldn't write him off as a player yet but I do think it's funny how the Vic commentators wank off every time he gets near the ball. Dude could slip over and face plant and they'd be pitching a tent.
He got by in juniors on talent alone.

The workrate should come, but he'll take more time.

Who on earth is even considering writing off Thilthorpe at this point? Insanity.
I don't think I've seen anyone do that.

The comment was about JUH and even then no one's writing him off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went alright in the SANFL today against Glenelg. Kicked 4.0, a couple care of frees. Went missing a bit in the second half but so did everybody else. Glenelg smashed the reserves after half time. Fog had a shocker, was basically unsighted.

Went alright in the SANFL today against Glenelg. Kicked 4.0, a couple care of frees. Went missing a bit in the second half but so did everybody else. Glenelg smashed the reserves after half time. Fog had a shocker, was basically unsighted.

Surely that has to get him back in the team? Not much more you can do than kick four goals straight.

Surely that has to get him back in the team? Not much more you can do than kick four goals straight.
He also contested in the air (I believe what he was sent back to work on) and worked up and down the ground.

He should be back in 1's soon, but we can't have Walker, Easy, Gollant AND Thilthorpe in the team. Easy is probably contributing more than Gollant at the moment, but Gollant could be anything.

At least we now have tougher choices to make about our forwards.

And the other three quarters when he was virtual non entity?

He had 1 outstanding quarter if you actually watched the game.
So if he'd kicked one goal in each quarter that would have been better?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back