Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Noah Balta

• Aiden Bonar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Seymour, to be precise. Same as Schache. Not far down the Hume to Melbourne.

On MIX using BigFooty.com mobile app

So what is the go with Schache, told Brissie he was more than happy to go there and then want's out. Apparently he broke down when meeting with a melbourne club recently

I think we need another big body and I am sure we get it this draft. A few days ago I was probably thinking Starcevich, although have always liked Fogarty. What can work for us is a fleet of players who can role between the midfield and forward.

My sentiments also Gav, we can't go wrong with Rayner and Fogarty

The more I think about this go home factor and with our delistings/retirements, the more I think we'll go safe at five with Naughton after having picked one of LDU or Dow at two.

Naughton is still an amazing talent based on what I saw at Peel and I think our recent acquisition of pick two has made me a bit greedy on the quality mid front.

My sentiments also Gav, we can't go wrong with Rayner and Fogarty

I doubt we would pick both Rayner and Fogarty. I think a more likely scenario is a pure inside mid ( LDU, Dow or even Cerra or Brayshaw) and then either of Fogarty and Rayner or Stephenson.

Whatever we get with #2 pick sort of controls what we get with pick 5.

I doubt we would pick both Rayner and Fogarty. I think a more likely scenario is a pure inside mid ( LDU, Dow or even Cerra or Brayshaw) and then either of Fogarty and Rayner or Stephenson.

You don't get much further inside than Fogarty imo.

You don't think either of Rayner or Fogarty could play inside ?

Must admit I haven't seen Cerra or Brayshaw But UDL is touted to go at #1

I won't complain if we get Dow or Stephenson at #5

Dirty_banchez mock draft:

1. Rayner
2. Dow
3. LDU
4. Stephenson
5. Fogarty
6. Brander
7. Cerra
8. Naughton
9. Coffield
10. Brayshaw

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more I think about this go home factor and with our delistings/retirements, the more I think we'll go safe at five with Naughton after having picked one of LDU or Dow at two.

Naughton is still an amazing talent based on what I saw at Peel and I think our recent acquisition of pick two has made me a bit greedy on the quality mid front.

A) Where would he play?
B) Who would he displace to play there?

He's an amazing talent, but we don't need more defenders - so it seems a waste to draft him when that's not a need. I'd rather we get one mid/forward (the role Balic would have played, and that Crozier sometimes played) and an inside/outside mid who can win his own ball and use it well

After a solid 30 minutes of watching highlights on the toilet this morning, I want Rayner and Stephenson. Give me talent and forward nous every day of the week. Those guys have it in spades.

That said. Cerra, LDU, Dow all look like pretty solid mids who would probably walk into the rotation from day 1 and free Walters/Bennell to stay more forward. LDU looks more solidly all-round mid while Cerra and Dow look a touch more dynamic to my eye but I am probably talking s**t.

Naughton is a talent for sure, although he did look quiet in the Peel finals to my eye. I guess that depends on Alex Pearce though. If he's 100%, it's hard to see us going for him with Pearce and Hamling, then Logue, Cox and Hughes. Does essentially 'fix' any and all KPD issues for the next 10 years while simultaneously freeing Logue up to do whatever else the club might see him doing (personally don't think he's a mid). Not my preference however.

Hayes, Fogarty, Brander. Sure, if the club fancies one of them and takes a bet at 5, fine by me - they've earned my trust after trade week. All 3 have shown flashes of brilliance.

Rayner/Stephenson
Cerra/LDU/Dow
Naughton/Hayes/Brander/Fogarty

Ranking brought to you by 2 minute youtube videos.

Last edited:
After a solid 30 minutes of watching highlights on the toilet this morning, I want Rayner and Stephenson. Give me talent and forward nous every day of the week. Those guys have it in spades.
Two thoughts come to mind.
1. Man I hope you had the fan on.
2. Lay off the curry for a while?

(The footy stuff you suggested seemed ok.)

While trying not to be condescending but for the people who want Naughton at 5, can you explain why in terms of our list. To want Naughton you have to do TWO of the following things;
A) Write-off Logue after playing 10 odd games in a debut year as a tall and taken as pick 8
B) Write-off A Pearce - understandable i suppose but Fyfe and Barlow made very successful returns from broken legs
C) Refuse to move Cox down back

This is pick 5 we are talking about and there is an opportunity cost at play where we miss out on something significant by "upgrading" Logue, Pearce or Cox to a kid who hasnt played a game yet (though i will admit he seems to be as close to a sure thing as you can get). Are we just that petrified of losing interstate players despite our good rate overall? Who are kicking out of our backline to get Naughton in there?

Naughton talk is a bit of the mark IMO.

I have no real inkling but pick 2 will obviously be best available, but if Freo thinks the top few are fairly even it will come down to impact. Like most have said LDU, Rayner or Dow.

Where it becomes interesting is pick 5. Say one of those 3 'slide'. Do we grab them too? Do we fill a perceived need like Hayes or Brander?

Pick 2 I think will be easy. Pick 5 will be the difficult one.

If we only had pick 5 I think we'd have gone best mid.

Definitely interesting times and tactics we could employ.

For what it's worth, I'll never be upset with getting simply the 2 best mids on top 5.

Any combo of LDU, Rayner, Dow, Cerra, Stephenson will be outstanding.

You can deadset lock it down & take it to the bank that we are taking Naughton with 5 now that this deal for pick 2 has been done.
That would make some sense if the player that requested a trade out was a KPD. I don't see how we delist a KPD at the start of the trade period because we have too many leads us to taking one just because a flanker/mid left? Seriously that makes no sense.

The only way we take Naughton at 5 is if we were always going to take him at 5 (because he is one of the top 5 players in the draft). Losing Weller doesn't suddenly make taking another tall a certainty. In fact I'd argue it changes nothing. Whoever we take at 2 is Weller's "replacement" (they will obviously be a different type) and I suspect 5 will be whoever 5 was always going to be.

With my Rayner+Stephenson hat off, I tend to think pick 2 will be the best kick/speed of the top end mids to best replace Weller. So probably Dow or Cerra.

The other one I genuinely have no idea. Probably some spud ranked in the 20s at the moment or something. I won't be surprised (even if I am disappointed with some of them) to see any of Hayes, Brander, Naughton, Brayshaw, Higgins, Coffield, Bonar plus a few others I can't think of at the moment.

I think I will be shattered if it is Naughton or Hayes, simply because with Naughton I think it is the least of our needs and Hayes because a ruckman (regardless of how good he may clunk them up forward) is a massive reach at 5. That said, Logue was the player I wanted the least of 5-12 ranked guys last year and now I love him so whatever.

Still really want Rayner + Stephenson though...

No need to draft naughton well just pinch him after his contract is up
If it is not us I reckon Pies will be all over him. They suck for KPP at both ends and IMO, he is the best KPP in the draft. Since he is a Pies supporter I think there is less chance of him coming home.

Of course, I never thought Weller would leave either.

Back