Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Noah Balta

• Aiden Bonar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Adelaide will pick Naughton/Brander to replace Lever if nobody pick them after Top 10.

From what I've heard Rayner is very much considered a flight risk, Brisbane have pretty much put a line through him, I know he did that interview at the draft combine and said he would be ok with moving, but Schache trotted out those same line two years ago too, they pretty much have to say those things publicly or they risked being labled as unprofessional or not really committed.
I've got some mates that are involved with the Western Jets and they reacon he would very much prefer to play his footy in Melbourne and particularly at one the bigger Vic clubs.

The word is you guys really rate Cerra highly and see him as a potential Mundy replacement in a few years, genuine big bodied mid, great at the contested ball stuff and has boatloads of poise with ball in hand and probably the kick out of the top 4 propects.

From what I've heard Rayner is very much considered a flight risk, Brisbane have pretty much put a line through him, I know he did that interview at the draft combine and said he would be ok with moving, but Schache trotted out those same line two years ago too, they pretty much have to say those things publicly or they risked being labled as unprofessional or not really committed.
I've got some mates that are involved with the Western Jets and they reacon he would very much prefer to play his footy in Melbourne and particularly at one the bigger Vic clubs.

The word is you guys really rate Cerra highly and see him as a potential Mundy replacement in a few years, genuine big bodied mid, great at the contested ball stuff and has boatloads of poise with ball in hand and probably the kick out of the top 4 propects.
So is it fair to said that you will be surprised if Brisbane pick Rayner at one .

I think we were probably high on Cerra at pick 5. Pick 2 just gives you that slightly higher rung to peek at.

No doubt Rayner would prefer to stay in Melbourne. You don't need mates with 'inside' words to tell you that.

Anyway, you can smell the fear in your post.

You thought:
Brisbane - Dow
Gold Coast - LDU
Carlton - Sweet!!! We just grabbed Rayner.

Now it's
Brisbane - Dow
Fremantle - dream wreckers!!! And taking Rayner.

Don't stress fella.

A) Where would he play?
B) Who would he displace to play there?

He's an amazing talent, but we don't need more defenders - so it seems a waste to draft him when that's not a need. I'd rather we get one mid/forward (the role Balic would have played, and that Crozier sometimes played) and an inside/outside mid who can win his own ball and use it well

True. All I'm saying is I think we might go safe at five. Hell it could even be Allen.

So is it fair to said that you will be surprised if Brisbane pick Rayner at one .

I'd be shocked if Brisbane took Rayner at pick one, they were very keen on Patty Dow and the way LDU finished the year he would make sense too, they seem to prefer the Vic country kids, think they believe they are less of a flight risk.

I think we were probably high on Cerra at pick 5. Pick 2 just gives you that slightly higher rung to peek at.

No doubt Rayner would prefer to stay in Melbourne. You don't need mates with 'inside' words to tell you that.

Anyway, you can smell the fear in your post.

You thought:
Brisbane - Dow
Gold Coast - LDU
Carlton - Sweet!!! We just grabbed Rayner.

Now it's
Brisbane - Dow
Fremantle - dream wreckers!!! And taking Rayner.

Don't stress fella.

I do have a soft spot for the Western Jet boys, tried out for them back in 1998 but wasn't good enough to get selected.
LDU would be my first choice then Rayner, but really any of the top 4 would be fine with me.

I do have a soft spot for the Western Jet boys, tried out for them back in 1998 but wasn't good enough to get selected.
LDU would be my first choice then Rayner, but really any of the top 4 would be fine with me.
I don't really mind either LDU/ Rayner or somebody else as we don't had control who Freo pick .

I'd be shocked if Brisbane took Rayner at pick one, they were very keen on Patty Dow and the way LDU finished the year he would make sense too, they seem to prefer the Vic country kids, think they believe they are less of a flight risk.

Yeah all good mate.

Think we'll take LDU at pick 2 too. Probably need an absolute pure mid. Fyfe and Walters can always play mid/forward.

Pick 5 becomes the most intriguing.

Exciting times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take Rayner and trade him for SPS ;)

No chance SPS is going to be something very special. When I watched him live for the first time it was in the wet Vs the Pies, he absolutely ripped there midfield to shreds and even got 3 Brownlow votes, his almost my favourite player, just behind Crippa another WA lad, some serious high end talent coming out of WA, must be something in the water.

My immediate thought when weller asked to leave was this could be good for us.. You can never be seen to be trading a player like weller, but in this situation we can really make the most of it.

No chance SPS is going to be something very special. When I watched him live for the first time it was in the wet Vs the Pies, he absolutely ripped there midfield to shreds and even got 3 Brownlow votes, his almost my favourite player, just behind Crippa another WA lad, some serious high end talent coming out of WA, must be something in the water.

Not that many highly touted WA boys this season though

FWIW I think Stephenson would be a great pick if Reynar doesn't interview well with Freo. He may well loath playing in WA.

I hope Freo pick him and a big bodied mid too

Definitely, he's going to be a superstar

This time last year there was a mass following for SPS. Would've been a great fit at Freo. We obviously needed height and may have stretched our pick 7 with Logue, but very confident he'll be a solid 200 gamer with tremendous upside, but most importantly not going anywhere.

Shame no high WA talent this year.

Yeah all good mate.

Think we'll take LDU at pick 2 too. Probably need an absolute pure mid. Fyfe and Walters can always play mid/forward.

Pick 5 becomes the most intriguing.

Exciting times.

Yeah LDU is pretty much the prototype for the modern midfielder, 189cm strong contested ball game, strong outside game, very quick, good agility and evasiveness, good over head, good disposal, leadership in spades, he really ticks a lot of the box and is the kind of player you can build a midfield around.
He was probably the U18 AIS best vs our VFL side earlier in the year, look right at home amongst the bigger bodies.

The first 3 picks can't go wrong in my opinion, I rate Cerra but he doesn't have the genuine pace that the other 3 guys have, so he can seem abit vanilla, will be a very good player tho.
It a great year to have multiple top 10 picks, I must admit I'm a little jelly of the two picks in the top 5.
This years draft really drops off after around 30-35, but the top end talent is certainly there.

This time last year there was a mass following for SPS. Would've been a great fit at Freo. We obviously needed height and may have stretched our pick 7 with Logue, but very confident he'll be a solid 200 gamer with tremendous upside, but most importantly not going anywhere.

Shame no high WA talent this year.

Ian Hill looks a ripper for next year, do you know if he is a younger brother of Steven and Brad Hill ?

Yeah LDU is pretty much the prototype for the modern midfielder, 189cm strong contested ball game, strong outside game, very quick, good agility and evasiveness, good over head, good disposal, leadership in spades, he really ticks a lot of the box and is the kind of player you can build a midfield around.
He was probably the U18 AIS best vs our VFL side earlier in the year, look right at home amongst the bigger bodies.

The first 3 picks can't go wrong in my opinion, I rate Cerra but he doesn't have the genuine pace that the other 3 guys have, so he can seem abit vanilla, will be a very good player tho.
It a great year to have multiple top 10 picks, I must admit I'm a little jelly of the two picks in the top 5.
This years draft really drops off after around 30-35, but the top end talent is certainly there.

Good luck with it all mate. Weller was great, but we need a franchise player. We have Fyfe. Walters, Neale on the next line.

If we can add 2 genuine players we could improve rapidly and be up amongst it again in 3 years.

Can't fault what our recruiters have done the last 2 years. Our list for youth is possibly the best it's ever been.

My dream is for Cox to start to really show a presence up forward and kick goals. There's something there and he's the youngest player on our list. If he can flick the switch and just explode like Curnow? Well we're finals contenders by 2019 IMO.

For your sake, I really hope Rayner drops to you.

Back