Universal Love Pick #2 - Welcome Andrew Brayshaw - 2022 AFLPA MVP

Remove this Banner Ad

Set to play his 100th in the semi.

Is it just me, or did that sneak up on us?

Bloody legend already.

Andy's 100th game has flown right under the radar. Hardly mentioned by the club and the whole industry.

All the best Andy on an amazing career so far. I have absolutely no doubt these 100 games are just the beginning for you.

What a beast

Freddy's tackle on the weekend was great but what makes Andy the best tackler in the league is he commits to the chase 100% from the start. Freddy was high speed cruising at 80% then put on the burst at the end. Admittedly Freddie's 80% cruising is faster than half the league! No one commits to the chase as unconditionally as Andy

Freddy's tackle on the weekend was great but what makes Andy the best tackler in the league is he commits to the chase 100% from the start. Freddy was high speed cruising at 80% then put on the burst at the end. Admittedly Freddie's 80% cruising is faster than half the league! No one commits to the chase as unconditionally as Andy
I'm inclined to agree, but my take on the Freddy tackle was he cruised at first to suck the defender in to think he was away and then turned on the jets and caught him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of sliding doors moments to reflect with regard to Andy Brayshaw.
  • If Gold Coast had not thrown a hail mary at Weller we would not have him.
  • Most experts did not expect us to pick him at number 2 in the draft. And many on here were surprised we did.
  • Looking back, was an unbelievably wise pick (on so many different levels) from the list management team.

If Gold Coast had not thrown a hail mary at Weller we would not have him.

Behind the scenes this approach from Gold Coast was triggered when Weller was offered an extension to take him to five years contracted and his manager went out to look for market value for him prior to committing for that significant period of time.

Gold Coast got a sniff of Weller being on the market and threw the Gary Ablett Jr reserve at him, knowing Gary was leaving in the same exchange period.

Behind the scenes this approach from Gold Coast was triggered when Weller was offered an extension to take him to five years contracted and his manager went out to look for market value for him prior to committing for that significant period of time.

Gold Coast got a sniff of Weller being on the market and threw the Gary Ablett Jr reserve at him, knowing Gary was leaving in the same exchange period.

market value lol

Does anyone actually belive he is a shot at the Brownlow tonight? Getting a bit bit of hype and I would seriously love it if it happened but I think his second half of the year was too quiet compared to his opponents.
He was favourite after that StK game but dropped off a lot. I suspect all the people who think he's a chance just go by the media noise and haven't actually watched more than 2 of our games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back