Universal Love Pick #2 - Welcome Andrew Brayshaw - 2022 AFLPA MVP

Remove this Banner Ad

This reminds me of that time Reece Conca got 25 brownlow votes in a season.
Hmmmm......think it was Crowden, mate.

He will be captain in 2024 I reckon, 1 more year of Fyfe and then Andy will take over. That presser tells me he is ready to go.

I love Andy, but I think AP should be captain if Fyfe steps down. Then in a year or two, Caleb and Andy can duke it out or co-captain together.
There’s no real need to rush into making Brayshaw captain if you’ve got other options to skipper in the interim.

Fyfe could still captain for a year or two and then Freo can go through the process of deciding whether Brayshaw or Serong should take on the mantle.

IMO Brayshaw is clearly the heir apparent but he’s still a young guy who’d benefit from a couple more seasons in the leadership group before taking over.

There’s no real need to rush into making Brayshaw captain if you’ve got other options to skipper in the interim.

Fyfe could still captain for a year or two and then Freo can go through the process of deciding whether Brayshaw or Serong should take on the mantle.

IMO Brayshaw is clearly the heir apparent but he’s still a young guy who’d benefit from a couple more seasons in the leadership group before taking over.

I wholeheartedly agree. I think AP can be stand in for when Fyfe is injured.

Players can also be leaders without being captain. I believe both AP, Brayshaw and Serong are leading the club without the same pressures as captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back