Universal Love Pick #2 - Welcome Andrew Brayshaw - 2022 AFLPA MVP

Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
He still looks like a teenager, like the younger brother tagging along, when standing next to older players in that united stand against racism.

Because he is 19. When he has a man body, look out!
For sure, I'm becoming a Brayshaw convert over the last few games. Hes looking promising.

tacopavlich

Premiership Player
Oct 19, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
How many hundreds of players have played AFL? Name 10 who significantly improved their kicking from their rookie years. It just doesn't happen often. He was listed as a bottom 2 kick in the AFL along with Dow from Carlton and the eyeball test agrees with that. Like others have said everything else he does is good and I'm sure he'll have a long career at Freo or elsewhere but you can find that type anywhere in the draft.

Will he be a 200 game player - barring injury I'm sure he'll push 300.

Is there room for his type of player in an AFL team - definitely.

Am I happy drafting that type with pick 2 despite all the other positive aspects to his game - No.

Brayshaw's kicking was never rated poorly, otherwise he wouldn't have been regarded as a top 5 pick, even if some believed 2 was a reach. Still remains to be seen if it was, but the other top picks aren't travelling amazingly well either atm. There are no guarantees with any pick regardless how high it is.

It's honestly a bit laughable to expect a 19 year old to execute his abilities to the best of his potential while still adjusting to the pace and pressure of the elite level.

A young player with an amazing 1st and 2nd year can go backwards, others become dominant players. it's too early to make any judgements.

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Disagree. Sheridan had a huge impact in the Prelim in 2015.
Those Cyril foot steps still haunt him. Never really recovered from that moment in September 2015. I wonder if he had taken that mark sprinted off and delivered a lace out kick... nah would never have happened to Sheridan.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Those Cyril foot steps still haunt him. Never really recovered from that moment in September 2015. I wonder if he had taken that mark sprinted off and delivered a lace out kick... nah would never have happened to Sheridan.

literally a minute before that i turned to my mate and said "we have them... one more goal and we'll run all over them"

Nodgey

Premiership Player
Aug 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SDFC, Liverpool, Scorchers
Lyon coached chest marking skills out of him.

How about this one....

If Lyon played youth earlier, perhaps Lachie Weller plays on that HBF instead of Sheridan. Weller doesn’t s**t his pants and drop that mark. Freo win the match and go on to win the flag. Hmmmmmmmmmm

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
How about this one....

If Lyon played youth earlier, perhaps Lachie Weller plays on that HBF instead of Sheridan. Weller doesn’t **** his pants and drop that mark. Freo win the match and go on to win the flag. Hmmmmmmmmmm

That was 30 seconds out of 120 minutes. What about the other 119 minutes?

CapitalA

Club Legend
Nov 18, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
How about this one....

If Lyon played youth earlier, perhaps Lachie Weller plays on that HBF instead of Sheridan. Weller doesn’t **** his pants and drop that mark. Freo win the match and go on to win the flag. Hmmmmmmmmmm
Weller had no tank early on so I can understand playing Sheridan while they were building Weller up endurance wise.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back