Universal Love Pick #2 - Welcome Andrew Brayshaw - 2022 AFLPA MVP

Remove this Banner Ad

Fairly decent response from Simpson and Gaff.

The only fair and appropriate penalty they are talking about for Vardy would be to select him to play against Freo.

The only place Vardy is going for the rest of the year is WCE reserves in the WAFL. But a fair penalty would be to bring him in to play us.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fairly decent response from Simpson and Gaff.

The only fair and appropriate penalty they are talking about for Vardy would be to select him to play against Freo.

The only place Vardy is going for the rest of the year is WCE reserves in the WAFL. But a fair penalty would be to bring him in to play us.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I hope Vardy plays because he walks sideways.

Its an orchestrated thing by the media and WCE to rile up the home crowd into booing and the on field boys to fire up and act out so they can cry victim for the week. Standard stuff really.
It’s interesting isn’t , regarding why the WC social media would post it in the first place.
They would’ve obviously known it would create a stir .
Im thinking along similar lines in that it was done to fire up their players but more simply for the game.
Coaches have done similar for years.
Generally tho it’s done when they sense their team needs it....
Maybe those associated with WC are getting a little worried about the outcome of the next derby??

Mentioned as “the poster boy for bad kick rating” by the head of champion data yesterday in trends - worst in the league with a rating of -20%

There will be plenty of West coast fans at the derby.

The last one I went to felt like an eagles home game.
Got a 3 game membership last year. It seems a lot of 3 game members are Eagles fans who just want a Derby ticket. Was a horrendous crowd to sit in.

Mentioned as “the poster boy for bad kick rating” by the head of champion data yesterday in trends - worst in the league with a rating of -20%
I listened to that today as well. They did mention that guys like danger dusty and dude started pretty poorly at the beginning as well

I listened to that today as well. They did mention that guys like danger dusty and dude started pretty poorly at the beginning as well
-20% is extremely low though, danger dusty and Fyfe have always been poor kicks with inflated DE% because of the distance they hoof it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

-20% is extremely low though, danger dusty and Fyfe have always been poor kicks with inflated DE% because of the distance they hoof it
Dusty is a good kick and i think his rating has improved since he has moved more outside and forward. I think the system still probably doesn't allow enough bias for kick difficulty relating to inside mids. No doubt brayshaw's kicking has been terrible this year and that's going to be his area for improvement if he wants to become an a-grader

Dusty is a good kick and i think his rating has improved since he has moved more outside and forward. I think the system still probably doesn't allow enough bias for kick difficulty relating to inside mids. No doubt brayshaw's kicking has been terrible this year and that's going to be his area for improvement if he wants to become an a-grader
Dusty's kicking was outstanding in 2017. Its mediocre in every other year, including this one. Better than Danger and Fyfe, but not in with the league's genuinely good kicks. He regularly misses targets.

Dusty's kicking was outstanding in 2017. Its mediocre in every other year, including this one. Better than Danger and Fyfe, but not in with the league's genuinely good kicks. He regularly misses targets.
Is there somewhere you can access the ratings? Would be good to check out kick ratings over the years of someone like an andrew gaff who has moved more inside after playing a more outside role for the rest of his career and see if his kick rating correlates.

Is there somewhere you can access the ratings? Would be good to check out kick ratings over the years of someone like an andrew gaff who has moved more inside after playing a more outside role for the rest of his career and see if his kick rating correlates.
If I understand the system correctly it shouldn't correlate as it'd meant to adjust for pressure and difficulty. If his rating is lower inside it just means he's not as good a kick under the pump.

If I understand the system correctly it shouldn't correlate as it'd meant to adjust for pressure and difficulty. If his rating is lower inside it just means he's not as good a kick under the pump.
Or it means the system doesn't adjust for pressure and difficulty enough (if you could match it over a larger sample size)I.e. if most players who move from a half back or wing role to a inside role have a decrease in there kick rating then the kick difficulty adjustment would need tweaking.

Or it means the system doesn't adjust for pressure and difficulty enough (if you could match it over a larger sample size)I.e. if most players who move from a half back or wing role to a inside role have a decrease in there kick rating then the kick difficulty adjustment would need tweaking.
The system was made so that people like Zac Dawson aren’t rated as good kicks

Gaff was shanking them under pressure for the first few weeks this year and that’s why he had a low rating, Fyfe etc aren’t a good kick but they can handle a lot more physical pressure than Gaff and execute under that

Effectively they weigh up the pressure the player is under the options they have, time and space and whether the kick hits the target, then compare that to what the average in the league is from the same situation

Dusty is a flashy long kick (looks good and memorable) but misses a lot of simple targets that you expect the average player to hit in that situation and target (hence the rating)

No it is only available to clubs and AFL

I'm not the best footy analyst but does Ross put Brayshaw in the centre every 4th quarter? He's such a beast in there and always seems to lift.

Shame he still hasn't managed to win against his brother yet.
Patience poppet, he'll eventually live in the midfield. Let him build his tank and he will be a beast in there

I'm not the best footy analyst but does Ross put Brayshaw in the centre every 4th quarter? He's such a beast in there and always seems to lift.

Shame he still hasn't managed to win against his brother yet.
Pretty much single handidly kept us in it through the middle part of the last quarter and kept fighting when it was pretty clear it was done. Some of his repeat efforts are simply astonishing for a 19 year old.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back