Past 34. Sam Philp

Remove this Banner Ad

For all of you who are a little bit underwhelmed with this selection...one of my mates coached Philp in juniors & my other mates brother played with him & both think he's an absolute jet. Whats even better is they're both Tigers supporters & desperately wanted him at 21. That's a huge win already in my book.

Sam - get down to Lygon street and have a few feeds during preseason - thought the oversized jumper did him no favours but today’s jumper showed he must be allergic to weights

Not to my eye. Zac is all about clean hands and precision...at a glance Philp relies on torque and tenacity.
Clean hands and precision wax and wane in both of their games. Fisher double grabs a lot for someone who should be able to get low to the ground and pluck the ball.

It has been quite fascinating to read some of the comments in relation to Philp across social & other media. Although there has been some positive responses from those who clearly have more than a passing interest in junior footy, the amount of negative comment I have read from those who it would seem adopt the philosophy that if they haven't heard of a draftee, he must be crap, is quite disappointing. No doubt these people would have barely known who Matt Rowell & Noah Anderson were prior to last night, but somehow feel qualified to pass judgement on players who they certainly have never heard of, let alone seen them play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clean hands and precision wax and wane in both of their games. Fisher double grabs a lot for someone who should be able to get low to the ground and pluck the ball.

Maybe he could wax those forearms for more speed?

Sam - get down to Lygon street and have a few feeds during preseason - thought the oversized jumper did him no favours but today’s jumper showed he must be allergic to weights

THAT quick with an underdeveloped body... this guy could grow into an explosive beast. Plenty to work with.

Also 8th in the vertical jump and 6th in the yoyo.

Welcome Sam, I look forward to watching your progress.

It sounds like a 5 year old birthday party. Where did he rate in pass the parcel or musical chairs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back