Player Watch Pick #23 (2019) - Dylan Williams

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not sure there is any point in putting him down back or anywhere else.

Its pretty simple, he is an extremely high ceiling small forward with extremely low fitness. He either shows he can make it in the forward line next year, or does enough to show that he is building and will get there in 2024. I'd rather just go grab a defender if we need a defender.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Might get an opportunity as the sub but he would know it's now or never

Jul 17, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Play him forward. Playing him back might find him some form but ultimately there won’t be a spot for him in our defence and we need more quality coming through in the small-medium forward positions.
Could have said the same for farrell.

But he's probably gonna play as a hbf this season even with our army of flankers

JakeNeadeFan

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I like him but it's pretty clear that the club have entirely written him off at this point. Could've paid him out this year and picked up Magor in the rookie draft who is similar.

No point hanging on to a player who they don't rate and will not have a future if you have the capacity to pay them out.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I hope we don’t use anyone under the age of 25 as the sub. Terrible position for any young player loosing game time.

Hope we use it as a way to rest our senior players through the year and they can come on as needed.
Just saying that because he can't run out a whole game 😉

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Faz had good fitness and weapons that could be used around the ground.

Think Daniel Rich and how Brisbane use him and that's what we've got in mind for Faz.

We saw it in the last 1/2 of the season, it gets the maximum out of his kicking.

DW has a few hurdles in front of him and my info is the biggest of which is Bassett.

Mundusa

Club Legend
Mar 2, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's no wonder he can't run out games when his body goes from anaerobic to aerobic during his set-shot routine.

dirty2

F*** the southern power
Nov 6, 2016
Bar Rossa
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
Played his best junior footy on the ball next to Rowell and Anderson.

If we gonna say now or never, maybe it’s in the Middle with Hayes feeding him.
Would be fine with that... Nothing wrong with adding another string to ya bow...

*Just think we have enough small defenders we don't need to move him there as well.

Back