Player Watch Pick #23 (2019) - Dylan Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

I look forward to seeing what he can do at AFL level, and the commentators dissecting his set shot run in to the nth degree.

I look forward to seeing what he can do at AFL level, and the commentators dissecting his set shot run in to the nth degree.

Dwayne Russell bingo time? ;)

He runs, he hops, he steps, he skips, he kicks a long goal!!! It's crazy stuff, dripping with honey!

He runs, he hops, he steps, he skips, he kicks a long goal!!! It's crazy stuff, dripping with honey!
The more they dissect it, the more shots on goal he is getting.

I remember when Dylan was drafted a few people were a bit concerned he didn't seem too thrilled to be drafted by Port.

Looking at this video, I think that's just his usual expression. Another case of the many faces of Charles Bronson. :p

409945aecf0b269ab165b466b07428ac.jpg

If you look at Caleb Poulter's and Fischer McAsey's photos, it's the same with them.

Wow, Williams probably ls stoked about being selected but he didn't look it.

Watching the Magpies games Williams has shown smarts and talent and usually starts well but fades out of games quickly. Last week was a breakout game for him, his only consistent game I reckon. During the course of Hinkley's tenure others have been told to show strong consistent performances for weeks before getting a look in but selection is not always a fine science. Hope he does well.

Good thing is this has been going on for years. Looked at his underage highlights a few days ago, and his run-up is identical.

As they say in the classics, 'If it aint broke, dont fix it.'

Dylan reminds me a bit of Lindsay Thomas. He's taller but has really strong hands for his size, strong through the core and can use his body to shift opponents and doesn't mind a bit of razzle dazzle footwork.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can be crumb?

His highlights are basically mark and kick
He doesn’t drop marks so hasn’t had to crumb ;)

Though in all seriousness when the balls on the deck and he gets his hands on it he is very very dangerous. Has that goal sense where if he gets his hands on it, it’s gonna sail through those big sticks. Has strong hips and is very quick to react. Has snapped heaps of goals from non-marks this year.

Having said that he just hasn’t gotten his hands on it as much as you would want.

Pressure on the lad alright lol add to that we gifted Brisbane Robertson in favour of Williams .
Not that it's his fault hope he goes well 🤞

A week ago I thought he was miles away from being AFL standard, but I’m now really excited to see what he can bring. The best thing I have heard this week was that he has knuckled down and worked hard on his deficiencies in the past six weeks. If this guy gets super fit and motivated, then he really could be special.

A week ago I thought he was miles away from being AFL standard, but I’m now really excited to see what he can bring. The best thing I have heard this week was that he has knuckled down and worked hard on his deficiencies in the past six weeks. If this guy gets super fit and motivated, then he really could be special.
I agree but it's abit disappointing that he has been coasting for 18mths I get covid last yr but still FFS your on a AFL list .

Yep, If Chad Cornes is impressed with is application, so am I.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back