Prediction Pick 24

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have to make sure this pick hits. Can't afford a series of drafts without adding talent. I'd prefer Wells takes his pick of the best utility type. That is where the percentages are. Guthrie and Duncan types can be added from this part of the draft, long term afl standard key forwards can't.

Has to be Battle, he is perfect for what we need at the moment as we dont have a dedicated CHF.

Yeah we could certainly do worse. Got a feeling Battle may slide though. He is that awkward, undersized KPF, who will probably be a third tall at AFL level. Guys like that tend to slide. I think he is no chance to go in the top 20. Brett Allison actually has Battle going to Essendon at pick 43. It would be great if we could nab him with either pick 38 or 42.

They have to make sure this pick hits. Can't afford a series of drafts without adding talent. I'd prefer Wells takes his pick of the best utility type. That is where the percentages are. Guthrie and Duncan types can be added from this part of the draft, long term afl standard key forwards can't.

I'd argue we've got enough poor 'utilities' who are so-so in many positions but aren't actually great in any.

When exactly do you think he'd be ready to hold down that spot though? That's if he's good enough.

I'd say he will be deemed ready when the group of coaches who have the knowledge and expertise think he is ready based on his performance at training and in the preseason.

Sounds wonderful. More practically, if he is selected to solve a CHF issue, he'd need to be ready by Round 1 next year. There may be a slight doubt about that.

No one we draft as kpf will play 1st rnd next year. What they are being drafted for is to be our 2nd kpf to partner a 30yo hawkins 2018/19 if black has been a bust (which is a good chance of being the case).

No one we draft as kpf will play 1st rnd next year. What they are being drafted for is to be our 2nd kpf to partner a 30yo hawkins 2018/19 if black has been a bust (which is a good chance of being the case).

Aside from perhaps SPP or any mature ager (i.e Stewart) we take, no others will be on the park in the AFL round one regardless of what position they play. I really don't think that should be a determinant for who we look at taking. Just best available for me. For at least our first 2-3 picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same. Rumours are Sydney are circling with p20 though. Will be a very interesting draft.

I think they are getting stewart confused with the other mature ager luke ryan who sydney have been linked to for a while.

Cant agree he would be perfect... Im not even sure what would be perfect would even be available in the teens. He would add an option but perfect... not for mine.

Must admit I don't find him particularly sexy though can understand if Wells calls his name. Prefer others though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back