14. Brayden Cook
Best position:
General forward
Height, weight: 189cm, 80kg
Recruited from: South Adelaide
Projected draft range: 10-25
Plays like: Jaidyn Stephenson
September ranking: not ranked
Rationale: Growing around 7cm in the last year, Cook is a late bloomer and has come into his own this year as a forward. Averaging two goals and in excess of two contested marks per game in the SANFL Under-18s, Cook is one of this year's most dangerous inside 50m. Cook brings to the table a strong mix of overhead marking and ground level craft. Cook's growth, rate of improvement and performance in combination with the versatility to play forward, back or on a wing earn him this position.
Strengths:
Overhead marking, aerial marking, leap, scoreboard impact, ground level craft, crumbing capabilities, scoreboard impact, freakish finishes around goal, threat when isolated deep one-on-one inside 50, with ball in hand feels like he will make something happen, able focal point up forward, versatility to play forward, defence or wing.
Weaknesses:
Contested ball winning, strength, inconsistent conversion from set shots.

There's some.x factor here.

He looks a bit like Daniel Menzel before his run of knee injuries.

He has some strengths that I like.

Brayden Cook
South Adelaide/South Australia

DOB:
July 18, 2002
Height: 188cm
Weight: 74kg
Position: Wing/Medium Forward
Strengths: Aerial marking, vertical leap, clean hands, scoreboard impact, game-winner
Improvements:
Finishing consistency

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who was the last South Adelaide junior to be drafted to us? Feels like it's been a while.
In the main draft (not PSD or RD) and not including foundation players (Smart, Bickley, McIntyre), I reckon that it might have been Matt Powell at Pick 56 in 1992. Which would have been more significant if we’d picked his son instead of Pedlar tonight.

Big name South players were Doughty in the 1999 Rookie Draft and Goodwin in the 1995 PSD.

Last South rookies were Rhys Archard and James Turner in 2006 .... neither played a game.

Brilliant pick up!
Who was the last South Adelaide junior to be drafted to us? Feels like it's been a while.
Great pick. Love how he moves
There's some.x factor here.
Inspired selection!

Even though I am a freo supporter. I am from SA.

I am a massive South Adelaide Panthers fan in the SANFL. Crows have chosen a brilliant player.

He has grown from 180cm to 188cm in the last 12 months.

Can Play in the half forward and on the wing.

Yes I have seen him play in the SANFL, the bloke is a Jet. I was hoping freo were going to use their 1st rounder on him.

Well Done crows, you didnt waste this pick, you got a gun player.

4th Cook to play for the Tricolours.

Tim played 4+4 games in 97/98; Sudjai played 7 in '98. Neither of them played in a final and they never played together.
Myke played 14 games over 3 seasons ('09-11)

If Brayden gets to 30 games he will have played more than the other 3 combined.

Personally I was hoping to pick up the other Brayden - Campbell - but I'll back in our recruiters.

Nigel Smart and Mark Bickley were both South Adelaide boys were they? not to mention Jason Torney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back