Player Watch Brayden Cook

Remove this Banner Ad

So we used the Brad Crouch pick on Cook .....could end up being a good outcome

So we used the Brad Crouch pick on Cook .....could end up being a good outcome

It’s a technicality, but we actually used the Crouch pick on Sam Berry (it was second round compo, so after our second round pick). Either way, I’m very happy with both of these selections. Thought they were our two strongest selections of the draft considering everything else that was available at each pick.

Last edited:
It’s a technicality, but we actually used the Crouch pick on Sam Berry (it was second round compo, so after our second round pick). Either way, I’m very happy with both of these selections. Thought they were our two strongest two selections of the draft considering everything else that was available at each pick.
well, we need to watch Berry closely over his career and contrast him to Hollands - whom we were a good chance to pick at pick 2 (3)..if we had band 1 compo for crouch in lieu of band 3 :cool:

This for no other reason as to see what could have been and what is and if berry has a ripper career than it softens the blow of settling for band 3

Has anyone seen this kid play much? The highlights don’t show a lot, a couple of good bursts but the rest mainly goal square goals.

There’s obviously a lot more to him given the wraps.

Has anyone seen this kid play much? The highlights don’t show a lot, a couple of good bursts but the rest mainly goal square goals.

I've seen all of his Panthers games on live stream....overhead marking is his standout attribute...I think he'll eventually play wing personally.

How good do you think he can be?
Given his very late start to a top level footy system at the Panthers the sky could be the limit if all goes well with his development.

Likely the SA draftee that looks to have the most "upside" in this draft you would have to think.

I would hope our recruiters wouldn't get sucked in by the joe the goose goals when rating his talent. Recruiting guys with flash and no substance is more of an Essendon thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've seen all of his Panthers games on live stream....overhead marking is his standout attribute...I think he'll eventually play wing personally.
I'm thinking wing as well. He has good endurance, good speed, good skills and has the bonus overhead marking ability. Could be a really special player.

I get a Steve Johnson vibe when seeing his footages. Seems to have the smarts and a good goal sense. Looks very capable as a forward.
Quite a few nice snaps in that footage for sure. Footy is weird though. He might not even play as a forward in the AFL. I'd be interested to know if the club has mentioned where they intend to play him.

Quite a few nice snaps in that footage for sure. Footy is weird though. He might not even play as a forward in the AFL. I'd be interested to know if the club has mentioned where they intend to play him.

Yup. Its wierd, as the game optimizes heavily in the step from U18s to AFL and Cook is plying his trade in the toughest position on the football field.

It's strange to say, but the biggest thing in Cooks favour as a forward is really his height. 189 cm who is capable overhead does avenues to get involved in the game and really you need every avenue possible to be able to do so.

No pressure Cooky, but Peds has set the bar at three goals for debut matches

Kinda funny the difference between the draftees. Some are drafted these days looking like elite athletes ready to go, some look skinny af and some look like Brayden Cook, he just looks like a fan.

Looks to be a gun. Was interested in him since he kicked the 5 goals in a last qtr last year to win the game for South.

Last edited:
Got some tricks in his bag but we'll need to be patient, he's not built like the other bulls we drafted (Rowe aside).

Kinda funny the difference between the draftees. Some are drafted these days looking like elite athletes ready to go, some look skinny af and some look like Brayden Cook, he just looks like a fan.

Looks to be a gun. Was interested in him since he kicked the 5 goals in a last qtr last year to win the game for South.
Was just thinking that, in that photo he looks like a 15 year old kid who's just won a free Crows jumper from Claude the Crow...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back