Player Watch Sam Berry

Remove this Banner Ad

Pedlar a mid/fwd going forth, Berry a pure mid

I think they will both provide different things down the track. Happy about it
I love Pedlar , I reckon he’s more a pure inside mid at AFL level though , not overly tall or quick

a bit like Matt crouch resting forward at 18 level and kicking goals due to class ( he’s quicker and more powerful than Matt I agree but for me projects inside as well )

The Carroll slide was the most surprising slide of the draft for me. Oozes class. I spat beer when we took Rowe over him, especially considering we were a virtual lock to rookie Newchurch by that point. I see Newchurch, Rowe and Stengle as very similar offensive minded small forwards with poor defensive games. Carroll would have been a great list fit for mine but I’m sure there must be reasons why so many clubs passed on him. Go-home factor perhaps?
Newchurch can develop into a pure outside midfield since he doesn't like the contested stuff......

I love Pedlar , I reckon he’s more a pure inside mid at AFL level though , not overly tall or quick

a bit like Matt crouch resting forward at 18 level and kicking goals due to class ( he’s quicker and more powerful than Matt I agree but for me projects inside as well )
His goal nous is top notch though, from what I’ve seen. Definitely an aspect that can be used at AFL level, but his ceiling is absolutely as an inside mid

I don’t want to build him up too much, but almost a bit Luke Parker-like? Very similar player type to me

That said, the last guy I compared to Parker was Poholke lol

Berry looks alright. Looks like a tackling beast. Bit of a floatey kick, just needs to work on a lower more penetrating flight with his passes. Looks like a BCrouch replacement.

His goal nous is top notch though, from what I’ve seen. Definitely an aspect that can be used at AFL level, but his ceiling is absolutely as an inside mid

I don’t want to build him up too much, but almost a bit Luke Parker-like? Very similar player type to me

That said, the last guy I compared to Parker was Poholke lol

Well in a way you're right, both of them aren't playing for Adelaide next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt he plays plenty of AFL games and has a long career and I wish him to
But have we gone for too much grunt and not enough class again ?
Was hoping we’d rebalance a bit without Brad

We were in desperate need for grunt as well. We were on track to being the worst inside team in modern AFL history and all that jazz.

Both Pedlar and Berry look like picks centered around what Nick's wants to build. Nick's wanting to play a tough and ferocious game and we got two of the most ferocious midfielders in this draft.

Sam berry’s best game;

BEST GAME
Berry:

2019 NAB League Rd 12 vs. Geelong

20 disposals (16 kicks)
18 tackles
9 clearances
2 inside 50s
2 rebound 50s
3 goals

Faaark me.. lad likes to tackle..
146 DT points if my cla ulations are correct.

If that's as a second string mid as an under-age player, I'm looking forward to see what he can do next year.

Will be interesting to see what the different VIC kids elevate their game next year after missing their u18 year. Will be intriguing.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

146 DT points if my cla ulations are correct.

If that's as a second string mid as an under-age player, I'm looking forward to see what he can do next year.

Will be interesting to see what the different VIC kids elevate their game next year after missing their u18 year. Will be intriguing.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hamish did say if he was allowed to play this year he would have dominated TAC level, we've had our eye on him for awhile

It was only a couple of years ago we were a bit inside heavy and lacked outside run. Without knowing too much about these guys, except what I’ve read. We look to have invested in inside grunt. Hopefully we have the development of outside run to complement it!
But none of them had pure acceleration outside of B.Crouch who stopped doing this after his hamstring and groin injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back