Player Watch Sam Berry

Remove this Banner Ad

The play after the Dangerfield Kelly collision is what sealed it for me. The dummy and the pulled back kick with a beautiful action showed class with ball in hand when most first gamers would either handball or kick long.

Play at 0:30

It’s been a long time since we have had a tough onballer that likes the physical stuff. It’s great to see, I can’t wait to see him and Pedler beat up on teams in the future

Neddy followed by Berry and Sloane

Highlight of the game for me, cannot remember ever seeing us hunt the opposition like that before and there were a few repeated efforts. This is what Richmond have done so well with just moving the ball forward and winning with numbers, pure effort thing which is why they seem to be able to replace players so well when they get injuries.

Match leading (10 tackles) again for Berry. Quickly becoming my favorite player

I also like the fact that he gave away 0 frees. Suggests his technique is as good as his intent - somebody who tackles that much you'd expect to give away the odd one or two for a high tackle or in the back or whatever, those clumsy sorts of frees, but not in this case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also like the fact that he gave away 0 frees. Suggests his technique is as good as his intent - somebody who tackles that much you'd expect to give away the odd one or two for a high tackle or in the back or whatever, those clumsy sorts of frees, but not in this case.
I've watched his technique and he seems to be strong enough through the chest, arms and core to manipulate the way the player lands when he tackles them (whilst still driving them down fairly hard on their side mind you).

Rather then allowing the player to fall forward and play for the 'in the back' free.

This kids a ripper!

This bloke can play.
His steal from from Kennedy who's a bull himself and acceleration while fending off opponents on the wkend was awesome!
4 shots on goal... when was the last time Crouch had 4 shots on goal in a game?
He is Leading the league in tackles to go with it.
Agree. Can turn into a mini Dusty for us in time.

I think it's great that we're keeping a lid on things and not getting ahead of ourselves based on a 2 game sample size :D :p
No different to the way we immediately discard any player that isn’t an automatic star, especially KPP’s...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back