Prediction Pick 3 for 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, you didn't want it (again) - now here it is (once more).

Name the 3 players you will be closely watching or hoping the best for in 2023 and why. Call it breakout, realized potential, turned the corner, last piece of the puzzle, whatever.

1. McGovern
2. Boyd
3. Cowan

Now get on with it........

1. Dekoning - Need him to breakout and take the next step to compete and add class in the Ruck.

2. Motlop - Ours small forwards need to breakout and mature to bridge the gap with top teams. Hopefully Motlop & Durdin take the next step.

3. Martin - Unlike the glaring deficiencies on the wing which we addressed in the off season with Acres/Hollands/Binns, the other was medium/small forwards. We had Martin, Honey, Cunningham injured most of the year so we want Martin etc to be up and running.

1. Kemp - just want to see him been settled in one position, got all the attributes to be our rising star :D (unfortunately only within the CFC walls, as he will be 22 years old)
  2. Cunners - full recovery and show us what he has
  3. Carroll - looking forward for him to step up in 2023

BTW - only three :mad: there are so many more that I wanted to include

No particular order

Boyd - Thought he would be a smokey before the start of last year and once he did come in, I'd say he would have held his spot if not injured. Think he will be part of the back 7, speed, mongrel, elite kick

Martin - Surely this is the year he remains injury free. If fit, will definitely fire and a real point of difference in our forward line

Motlop - Will cement himself as our best small forward

Great thread mate

Young - after a full season he’s now used to AFL footy, he can really solidify his role as a key position defender.

Motlop - showed he has the ability to be a regular goal scorer and potentially a game breaker for us in his first season. After another pre-season I expect him to cement his place in the team and hopefully get even more involved in games. Looks like he has something special to me.

Saad - was terrific last year (I actually thought Docherty was slightly better but the AA selectors disagreed) but I still think that if the team around him can be better then he can be even more more attacking and have more games like the one against GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the most important thing is for the players to take a little more diligence in taking care of their bodies well because we started to have alot of injuries just right when we were starting to get going well ..8-2 we were a top 4 side until injuries to key personnel ****ed us ..Big preseason every single play on the list needs to improve and take their game to another level and make football their sole priority ! So it's not about 3 players in particular who we would like to see take the next step it's the collective

Sent from my moto e(7) using Tapatalk

*Mod Edit:- DON’T evade the swear filter

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thread :thumbsu:

Cunners - our most talented mid....if he can get himself back onto the park will make a massive difference to our midfield.
Cottrell - reckon he's ready to take that next step and cement the other wing spot. Seems comfortable now at AFL level.
Lemmey - his potential seems to be untapped - looking forward to seeing him in the VFL without having unrealistic expectations.

1. Cottrell - put on size over the off season, Voss loves competitors who run all day, he can play anywhere I expect him to have a massive season.
2. Boyd - only got a glimpse of what he can do has got pace and is a beautiful kick, he'll cement his place in the starting 22 I have no doubt.
3. LOB - thought he showed a lot in the last couple of games last season, from someone who has been a massive critic I hope he has a big year.

In very particular order...

1. Pittonet. Show me what you is. No resting on tap to advantage stats like the pelicans on here...are you our long term #1 banana?

2. Acres. Many have implied you tend to turn it on in a contract year and dial it in thereafter. You've got 3 years now...and until 3/4 time v the tiges to convince me.

3. Jack S. Rough year having to pretend to be taller. Few dingleberries starting to murmur. Hush em up.

Tough naming just three, for a number of reasons could be easily over double figures…

Upside:
DeKoning
Boyd
Young

Injured:
McGovern
Cunners
Martin
Williams
Marchbank

Queried:
Dow