#6 Luke Jackson - Going west (life is peaceful there)

Remove this Banner Ad

He was dumb as dogshit, and we had no leaders at the club when he arrived. Sylvia and Moloney might have been his fellow meathead friends but they ruined him within the space of 2 years.

Training consisted of, walk 2 laps with Col to see if there are any chicks perving on us...lol.....then go inside and spot Beamer on the bench press for 45 minutes, then meet Col over at the wall mirror once we have applied enough baby oil to our arms and do bicep curls for the next two hours . #fitness

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I like this pick. Guys his size just don’t have the attributes he has with his agility and speed. Could play forward next year backing up Gawn. But I’m thinking he may start at Casey and build up to it. Anyway it’s putting the pressure on Weideman and Preuss. Rucks take 4-5 years to develop anyway so Gawn will be almost finishing up then.
Interesting Goody said that he could be a mid. I don’t it but bloody hell imagine him and Gawn both lining up at centre bounces.

thecuzsays

seancurreyfitness (instagram)
Jun 23, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
So assuming he is AFL ready.

He will have to play predominantly forward in any game GAWN rucks.

He could relieve GAWN and maybe spend 10-20% game time onball.

During that period could we reinvent the ruck with a mobile ruck mid taking stoppages forward centre and GAWN a kick behind play or not required to leave position to attend every stoppage.

Ando727

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Training consisted of, walk 2 laps with Col to see if there are any chicks perving on us...lol.....then go inside and spot Beamer on the bench press for 45 minutes, then meet Col over at the wall mirror once we have applied enough baby oil to our arms and do bicep curls for the next two hours . #fitness
That's unfair - he used to drink some water sometimes too.

The most interesting part about that for me was his contested defensive marking. Gawn being able to drop back was so important to us, and I think this gives us the flexibility to run a genuine two ruck strategy. One of them rolling forward, the other rolling back. Both will demand attention. Moreover, plenty of good sides of recent times have run two players of genuine ruck height - West Coast, Richmond ‘19, Hawthorn, Collingwood.

I like the call.

STFU board. I loved Luke Tapscott. I love this guy more.

going to be a gun (and because it’s fashionable I will also say...) BOOKMARK IT
Go tie an onion to your belt!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
The most interesting part about that for me was his contested defensive marking. Gawn being able to drop back was so important to us, and I think this gives us the flexibility to run a genuine two ruck strategy. One of them rolling forward, the other rolling back. Both will demand attention. Moreover, plenty of good sides of recent times have run two players of genuine ruck height - West Coast, Richmond ‘19, Hawthorn, Collingwood.

I like the call.

Bit of a difference between playing two players of "genuine ruck height" and playing two ruckmen. We've got someone who can do a perfectly good job of rucking on his onesie. Jackson will be able to pinch hit in the ruck, I'm sure, but if he isn't worth his spot in the side as a forward, not much point in picking someone just to give Max a chop out for 15% of game time. We don't need two ruckmen.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Bit of a difference between playing two players of "genuine ruck height" and playing two ruckmen. We've got someone who can do a perfectly good job of rucking on his onesie. Jackson will be able to pinch hit in the ruck, I'm sure, but if he isn't worth his spot in the side as a forward, not much point in picking someone just to give Max a chop out for 15% of game time. We don't need two ruckmen.
I suspect they are anticipating he can develop as a forward. Well the must be anticipating something or other because it seems unlikely we spent pick three on a project to sit in the vfl for the next four years.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I suspect they are anticipating he can develop as a forward. Well the must be anticipating something or other because it seems unlikely we spent pick three on a project to sit in the vfl for the next four years.

I'd be a bit worried if we'd just recruited a 199cm 18 year old and were expecting him to make a genuine impact on the team in the next few years.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I just wanted to say that I don't know what to think about this, and I have nothing useful to contribute to this discussion. Thank-you.
You god damn neutral!
images (96).jpeg

~30 goals helping T-Mac up forward this year please and thank you.

Time to put pressure on Weid to up his game and have a breakout year.
Zero chance if this. Doesnt kick a goal a game at colts level.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
With the right structures and support around him anything could happen. Plonk him at FF and feed him the ball. He's got some hands and some size on him that he could bully defenders with.
Not when he's that young. If he kicks 20 goals next year it would be insane. If he surprised if he plays much for us at all next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back