Pick #30 (2012) - Mason Shaw

Remove this Banner Ad

I
Except at 199cm Westhoff is still only 93kgs

Shaw is already 86kgs at 198cm at 18yrs of age. Shaws frame looks like it wont take long to get him up around the 100kgs

Westhoff couldnt put any more weight on if he ate 5 family size pizzas every night
If I was westhoff I would eat pizza until I exploded.. What a gift.. If I eat one piece now I put on 10kg

Except at 199cm Westhoff is still only 93kgs

Shaw is already 86kgs at 198cm at 18yrs of age. Shaws frame looks like it wont take long to get him up around the 100kgs

Westhoff couldnt put any more weight on if he ate 5 family size pizzas every night

He isn't less than 90kg's, maybe leaned up for Draft camp, but in those videos he is excess of 90kg's!

He isn't less than 90kg's, maybe leaned up for Draft camp, but in those videos he is excess of 90kg's!

I thought the same thing. At 198cm and 86kg I was expecting a bit of a beanpole. His size in that footage was a pleasant surprise.

I love the look of this guy. Very healthy to have some decent key forward stock.

We should give the FREE MASON #16

Im happy to get this kid to Rick Davies/Plugger Locket proportions. not just 105kg..he can stay with me and in no time i'll get this kid to 150-160 kgs..then lets see him at full forward. i reckon we could have ourselves a unmovable object that clunks marks goes back and slots them.

Im just gonna sit back and wait for this one to ripen. As we know from butcher, they take time. One think for sure is that this will take a hell of a load of butcher and the future tag.

I'm looking to forward to hearing from this guy to get a feel for his attitude. If he's in it for the long haul we may have a good long-term prospect here, talls taking a while and all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm looking to forward to hearing from this guy to get a feel for his attitude. If he's in it for the long haul we may have a good long-term prospect here, talls taking a while and all.

From the West Australian, in an article about him and Marco Paparone, don't think it is online:

"I am over the moon"

"Obviously the family is going to miss me and I am going to miss them as well, but they understand this has been my dream and they are really excited for me"

Soon after being picked, Shaw recieved a phone call from new coach Ken Hinkley and new teammates.

"Seem like a really outstanding bunch of guys and they have really welcomed me in already and I haven't even got over there yeat"

"Port obviously have a lot of upside, a new coach. It is a real breath of fresh air and that is coming from someone who is outside the club"

"You can really sense the talent and the young players who are going to progress through and I am really excited to be a part of that"

Sounds great! Obviously most draftees are saying stuff like that as they are trained to in the AIS program, but it's still good to know that he has his head screwed on very nicely. Found the bit where he said Hinkley was a breath of fresh air pretty interesting though, sounds like he payed a fair bit of attention to us before he was drafted. Quality bloke it seems and I hope he does well for us.

o_O

Not to be confused with racing car driver Rick Shaw:)

Or more likely, one of these things.

rickshaw++_bangladesh2u.jpg

From the West Australian, in an article about him and Marco Paparone, don't think it is online:

"I am over the moon"

"Obviously the family is going to miss me and I am going to miss them as well, but they understand this has been my dream and they are really excited for me"

Soon after being picked, Shaw recieved a phone call from new coach Ken Hinkley and new teammates.

"Seem like a really outstanding bunch of guys and they have really welcomed me in already and I haven't even got over there yeat"

"Port obviously have a lot of upside, a new coach. It is a real breath of fresh air and that is coming from someone who is outside the club"

"You can really sense the talent and the young players who are going to progress through and I am really excited to be a part of that"

Sounds great! Obviously most draftees are saying stuff like that as they are trained to in the AIS program, but it's still good to know that he has his head screwed on very nicely. Found the bit where he said Hinkley was a breath of fresh air pretty interesting though, sounds like he payed a fair bit of attention to us before he was drafted. Quality bloke it seems and I hope he does well for us.

How can you not love this guy?!

If attitude counts for anything, judging by the response of Mason Shaw and his family, we are on a winner here. :thumbsu:

Really loving the energy from Mason and his family. You just know he's going to come over here and do what it takes to succeed.

Anyone else get a Facebook friend request from his mum? :D

She is absolutely over the moon and trying to draft all her friends as Port Adelaide fans.

Anyone else get a Facebook friend request from his mum? :D

She is absolutely over the moon and trying to draft all her friends as Port Adelaide fans.

If I had Facebook, I'd friend her. Best mum ever.

That is really encouraging to read!

Sounds like he has the attitude and support network to do really well. If all we were worried about is attitude, it looks like we have a gem on our hands here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back