Pick #30 (2012) - Mason Shaw

Remove this Banner Ad

If there's nothing on the game could leave a dozen players home and just rest them up for the first final. Am hoping it's a nothing game for both us and Freo bruise free and just a run for the players on both sides.

can't do this anymore AFL tweaked the rules on account of fremantle last year. don't expect widescale changes but hopefully 2-3 rotations a week against lower teams (like the last month) with the good players coming back for the hard ones. looking at the draw i imagine we'd have to be pretty proactive in the next 5 weeks against top half of the bottom 10 teams with making sure everyone is feeling good. then it would come down to the weeks immeidately before the finals.

Starting to sense this kid is gonna come good and do some serious damage for us, assuming we keep him on board.

Game against West, weather forecast isn't too bad, opportunity is there for another bag for Mason.
Opportunity for all our boys. (I"m trying to keep a lid on the Mason supporters enthusiasm bubble - 'cause there will be immediates all round if Shaw kicks another bag). Will be another good SANFL game on Sunday. I'm hoping to get to my first away Magpies game for the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously where would you want to play if you are any good? He's virtually a walk up start in an A grade side as soon as Ken feels that he is ready. We have a pretty good environment at the club I wouldn't be feeling too insecure about Mason although it may be hard to gauge his worth in terms of contract until he gets a few games into him at AFL level. That may mean things are not tidied up with a contract until seasons end.

Jacko reckons he has a Westhoff type massive engine - reckons he clocked up 15km in the game Shaw kicked 6 - in his interview with 5AA the other night. Said he had to learn were to run. Interview is on Jacko appreciation thread.

Last edited:
Jacko reckons he has a Westhoff type massive engine - reckons he clocked up 15km in his interview with 5AA the other night. Said he had to learn were to run.

How many laps of the studio was that? :p

Jacko reckons he has a Westhoff type massive engine - reckons he clocked up 15km in his interview with 5AA the other night. Said he had to learn were to run.

Which is a little strange as from memory most of his highlights before have been as a very deep forward. A tank was what I thought he lacked.

I'm nervous about WA interest in our #22
Very Very nervous.
Anyone know his contract status?

yep, freo are desperate for both forwards and backs given their ageing stars

yep, freo are desperate for both forwards and backs given their ageing stars

That's the general consensus, but internally it doesn't seem Lyon and their off field leaders seem to be as concerned over it as much as a number of their supporters are.

I find it a bit frustrating how insecure some are on here over our young players. For goodness sakes, he's been on the list for a year and a half and has spent the majority of his time on the injury list. How people somehow extrapolate that that means he is frustrated at a lack of opportunities is beyond me.

There's only so much you can tell from social media, but he and Sam Colquhoun seem to have a bit of open 'bromance' going on so it's not like anyone can say he's not fitting into the group as Ben Jacobs didn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back