Player Watch Pick #33 (2016) - Willem Drew

Remove this Banner Ad

Ollie is 29 and has looked cooked physically for 2 seasons now.

Even if he miraculously got back to his best how long would we expect that for

Ollie has also been more of a running spread mid than an inside beast lately anyway.

I would have preferred Drew signed for 4 than 5, but eh, that’s the player dominant era of afl we are in.
I am not quite at the assessment of Ollie as you are, I'll give him this year to see what he has left but the chef may be looking to start up the burner.

I am not quite at the assessment of Ollie as you are, I'll give him this year to see what he has left but the chef may be looking to start up the burner.

I don’t think there was anything remotely subjective about what I said to call it an assessment.

Hes 29, and we know his body has been ****ed now for a couple of years.

The only thing up for debate is can he have a miracle turnaround and come back from the dead. maybe, but gee those would be long odds.

I don’t think there was anything remotely subjective about what I said to call it an assessment.

Hes 29, and we know his body has been ****ed now for a couple of years.

The only thing up for debate is can he have a miracle turnaround and come back from the dead. maybe, but gee those would be long odds.
His form will definitely be scrutinized strongly this year and considering it looks like Rozee will get the captaincy, I hope he turns it around. We will see.

I’m glad we didn’t get Jack Graham from Richmond . Similar to Drew but I’d pick Drew before hi all day every day

Was great yesterday. Looks like he's really improved his kicking, and offence in general, over the preseason
Drew has always been a very good kick into the F50 but yesterday, he did it on multiple occasions and also lead and scored.

He is fast becoming that player we can plug in as a midfielder, a tagger or half forward.

Seems to have been a tweak to his role - with more of an attacking edge. Could be because the opposition haven't need clamping down as yet, so will be interesting to see if he goes to an Oliver or Viney this week.

But his attacking side of the game has certainly impressed me. His overhead marking surprised me as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back