Player Watch Pick #33 (2016) - Willem Drew

Remove this Banner Ad

All things considered, his style is very similar to Ollie's. Lacks a bit of pace but makes up for it by knowing how to use his body. I do worry about how we fit both of them in the same team.
Yeah I worry about to many good players in our best 22.

Yes mate. He was really disappointed to be injured but just got on with as best as a 19yearold could.you wouldn’t have known. As I said he is a country boy of few words and just wanted to play footy. He loves the club and the coach. Many locals have Port as their second team now !!!
Legend than you

Yes mate. He was really disappointed to be injured but just got on with as best as a 19yearold could.you wouldn’t have known. As I said he is a country boy of few words and just wanted to play footy. He loves the club and the coach. Many locals have Port as their second team now !!!

Ha. If I had known that I would have been rocking my jersey when I stayed at Koroit over New Years lol.

I like him . I reckon he’s clean and very team oriented. I’d be playing him most weeks
I think Drew will be a good player for Port. I remember that game against North at home in 3rdQ when he was surrounded by North players and handballed, falling forwards, out to Butters, who kicked it to Rozee, who goaled.
That was good play by three of our young players. :)

Last edited:
Rocky
Ollie
SPP
Wines

Can’t all play in there
No but I’d only be playing Rocky when he was really fit because when injuries have slowed him he’s not getting the copious amounts of the ball that he needs to make him best 22 .
S.P.P gets more of the ball but wastes it a bit so he needs to be in form or he can be dropped. I’d assume that Wines would play most weeks , . Factor in some injuries and yea I’d play Drew most weeks

too efficient he will be traded. i mean we have a surplus of inside mids like a surplus of tall defenders. i just dont trust this club anymore

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd just like to highlight that Andrew Moore had pretty much the exact same stat back in 2014 - so I wouldn't read too much into it
The stat could simply mean that Drew is so far back in the pecking order for our centre square groups that he only gets in there when the opposition is resting their best centre square combinations...

Rocky
Ollie
SPP
Wines

Can’t all play in there

ollie is slow and can't be bothered running both ways

Rocky and boak are closer to the end than the beginning. Given we are focusing on building a premiership capable side built on youth, one of these guys may have a bumpy 2020.

ABC Back Roads program tonight is on Willem's home town of Koroit.

They explain why he was so likely to be a red head, like many in the town.

ABC Back Roads program tonight is on Willem's home town of Koroit.

They explain why he was so likely to be a red head, like many in the town.
Karoit? Full of red heads? Is there a joke in an earlier post I missed? 😁

Remove this Banner Ad

Back