Pick #33: Jeremy Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, Robbo was inconsistent... Lead the goal kicking for melbourne four times, a best and fairest, and ended up fourth, iirc, on Melbourne's all-time goal kicking list.

On a side note, the last time Melbourne's leading goal scorer has not been a Tasmanian was in 2000 (Jeff Farmer). A good omen for Howe?

hoping hes someone who tackles, provides pressure in forward 50, not just taking screamers here and there.

Those things are a definite weakness at the moment Jinny1 but no doubt your development staff will be doing all they can to fix these areas of his game. Surprised he went so early but not surprised to see him drafted.

Just read petards Twitter. Apparently ricky's cousin is good mates with Howe.. That's good for the young bloke to know someone early on in the piece

howe1.jpg

Pretty funny the bloke trying to spoil from behind is my brother hahaha

Just watched the highlight package.
Your recruiting team should be congratulated, nothing better than going to the footy and knowing that one of your players is constantly capable of taking great marks, game after game.
From that little vision I've seen he looks like he has a pretty strong leg and an accurate one at that.
Good get I'll be watching with interest.

Just watched the highlight package.
Your recruiting team should be congratulated, nothing better than going to the footy and knowing that one of your players is constantly capable of taking great marks, game after game.
From that little vision I've seen he looks like he has a pretty strong leg and an accurate one at that.
Good get I'll be watching with interest.
everyone looks good in their highlights package

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My sources tell me he was BOG saturday night on the town by a mile! So bad he missed a celebration friends, family and former teamates for Hobart footy club put on for him on sunday.

Hope he turned up on monday in better shape than he apparently was on sunday.

My sources tell me he was BOG saturday night on the town by a mile! So bad he missed a celebration friends, family and former teamates for Hobart footy club put on for him on sunday.

Hope he turned up on monday in better shape than he apparently was on sunday.

Wattsy, Do you know whether this was a one off or something we may have to knock out of him quick smart???

Wattsy, Do you know whether this was a one off or something we may have to knock out of him quick smart???

I say good on him! The kid just got drafted! Nothing wrong with going out to celebrate with a few mates! Not every footy player is a Tom Scully. I'm sure the kid isn't an alcoholic...

I say good on him! The kid just got drafted! Nothing wrong with going out to celebrate with a few mates! Not every footy player is a Tom Scully. I'm sure the kid isn't an alcoholic...

Exactly... all is good. Same source also told me he is really focussed at at getting the best out of himself. Be it footy, life or being a sparky.

Exactly... all is good. Same source also told me he is really focussed at at getting the best out of himself. Be it footy, life or being a sparky.

Awesome! Actually getting really excited about watching this kid play. Him and Jurrah in the forwardline could be dynamic to watch....

What's your problem?
Did Robbo get the ass for being Robbo? I would of thought so.
Is the TSL a woeful league? Definately, close to the worst state league in Australia.

I would off thought that we needed a strong, tall ruck\forward who can help out Jamar as well as Watts and Jurrah and some speedy runners off half back cos I thought we looked very slow against the Kangas and I think we never filled any of those needs.

We recruited a player that makes Watts look like Barry Hall, then we recruited a 20 year old state player from Tassie, where the hell has he been for 3 or 4 years? If we got Cook at 33 and Howe at 50 then I would be happy. Our last 2 picks are key talls as well so no real variety in our picks.

In the end we got no bargain pick or a player who looks like filling a hole next year. I hope I'm wrong and Prendagast gets the last laugh but personally I think we have underachieved at the draft this year when I thought it was impossible to underachieve at this draft.

I have played against this guy, can play....was his first year in the state league. Played in a country league before hand. Was playing seniors when he was 15 and had the potentional to go up to state league but played with mates. Finally went up and look where he is now? trust me, this kid improves more and more every year, now that he can apply himself to footy only is scary the improvement he will get again. Tassie is not one of the worst leagues you knob, why would akermanis & laycock join otherwise? def better then NT, NSW/ACT & on par with Qld comp with less then half the salary cap they get as well. Watch this kid in 2011 then judge!

why would akermanis & laycock join otherwise?
This leagues going places now that they have an injury prone dud who is originally from Tassie and a bloke that nobody wants because of his attitude.

The TSFL hasn't been any good for decades. The SANFL and VFL are the only reasonable leagues the rest are crap, just face it.

I haven't written anyone of our draft picks off. I just don't feel any excitement with the kids we have drafted ATM, hopefully they can change my mind. I just don't want to see the Dees do what Carlton do every year which is recruit poorly.

This leagues going places now that they have an injury prone dud who is originally from Tassie and a bloke that nobody wants because of his attitude.

The TSFL hasn't been any good for decades. The SANFL and VFL are the only reasonable leagues the rest are crap, just face it.

I haven't written anyone of our draft picks off. I just don't feel any excitement with the kids we have drafted ATM, hopefully they can change my mind. I just don't want to see the Dees do what Carlton do every year which is recruit poorly.

I endorse this as a Tasmanian. The draft ruined the TFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back