Pick #33: Jeremy Howe

Jeremy Howe
Knightmare said:
Height: 192cm, Weight: 85kg, DOB: 29/06/1990
Recruited from: Hobart Tigers
Style: Russell Robertson
Range: 50-rookie
Why: Athletic forward who jumps and marks like Russell Robertson. Have not seen him live but based on limited highlights he looks really promising and Melbourne afford to go with a speculative pick if they end up with a draft this good!
Paul Daffey said:
Height: 192cm
Weight: 85kg
DOB: 29/06/90
Club: Hobart (Tas)
Draft range: 50-rookie
A year ago, the high-flying forward was playing country footy with Dodges Ferry, outside Hobart. In 2010 the 20-year-old impressed greatly through his aerial feats with Hobart in Tasmania's state league. If he plays in the AFL in 2011, he'll be one of the stories of this draft.

Mar 14, 2007
MCG
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders San Jose Sharks
howe1.jpg

Flyswatter

All Australian
Feb 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
ok it's only one play, but wow what a mark, came charging through for it at full tilt with no hesitation or back-up plan. I like.
Already 20 so should see some action next year if good enough to make the team.

I literally jumped outta my seat when they announced this bloke. Ever since I seen that youtube vid of him a couple of days ago, I was completley sold. So happy right now :) <3

WattsGoodForYou

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Wattsgoodforyou will be beside himself... Give us some inside info if you can Wattsy...

High flyer was impressed of what I saw in the state league games, though thought nothing of it cos the Tassie league is rubbish.

Can turn a game on its head. Can also stand on a few heads. I know a talent scout I will get onto him tommorow to give a more comprehensive report. May take a season or two to really flourish.

I see him more a mix between Johnson of Geelong and Jurrah...though not near the level of those two.

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Love the speccies, but like the vision and neat foot skills from the footage as well. Obviously a lot easier in Tassie league than AFL

Also I'm a fan of Tasmanian forwards - Robbo, Reiwoldt, Richo, Royce Hart obviously but our own Brad Green and Ricky Petterd (can claim) are Tasmanians who can take a mark.

Nice to see he can spell Jeremy as well unlike that guy the Tigers picked last year.

From MFC:
_______

Bio: An athletic full-forward who loves to take a screaming mark. Has a huge leap and acquired skills on both sides of his body. Reads the play well and has good running ability.Terrific marking forward who mainly takes high marks with 1 grabs, yet can still mark on the lead as well. Times his jump to perfection and can really launch himself, has an amazing leap. Can take the old fashioned screamers. 14.1 Beep and 102cms leap.Very clean mark and very nice accurate kick for goal, can cover the journey. Clean off his toes and handballs well, field kicking very nice and makes good decisions. Will chase and tackle as well. Has X factor could be the next Robbo.
_______

I agree with 'dcrock', looks to have a bit of Jack Riewoldt about him.

Back