Player Watch James Rowe - Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Solid first game! Still cannot understand why it took him 3 years to drafted. Showing the skills of his old man and his god father.

Solid first game! Still cannot understand why it took him 3 years to drafted. Showing the skills of his old man and his god father.
Possibly Similar to the Reasons Hayden Ballantyne wasnt drafted until he was 21. One reason would of been height.

Another reason was Rowe finally got drafted after kicking goals regularly in the local league.

Possibly Similar to the Reasons Hayden Ballantyne wasnt drafted until he was 21. One reason would of been height.

Another reason was Rowe finally got drafted after kicking goals regularly in the local league.
That height issue lol... I was told by someone who worked in the SANFL system. He advised if your from a non-indigenous background and under 180cm, it’s extremely hard to get drafted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So raw, so much emotion - I love it.

Most guys when they're younger who are great at footy probably look at making the big time as a bit of a pipe dream but it would seem a lot more real/achievable if your old man made it. Good for him.

Grew up watching Tex and has been a Crows supporter his whole life.

Bout time we had a few more of these types of lads in the club.

That height issue lol... I was told by someone who worked in the SANFL system. He advised if your from a non-indigenous background and under 180cm, it’s extremely hard to get drafted.
thats news to me.

Rowe got drafted off the back of that preliminary final vs South Adelaide Panthers. I was there and saw him tear up Souths in the 3rd quarter

Ballantyne got recruited off the back of kicking 75 goals in the WAFL. He won the sandover 🏅 medal which is like the WA version of the Magarey medal in the SANFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back