Preview Pick 6, 2019 Draft: Who Do AFC Target?

3 options:

• Noah Anderson

• Matt Rowell

• The Best SA Boy Available (please name in thread)

• Hamish Special (Please name in thread)

• Your Personal Favourite (Please name in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s difficult to watch some of the selections we could have had running around playing well, when out top pick hasn’t really looked like holding down a spot.

But it’s a long game, just have to be patient.

Gallucci a classic example - taking a while but I think he will add some real class to our midfield as time goes on
Recruits like Jordan Clark, Ed Richards and even Duursma look great in their first year but they are playing much easier positions than a midfield or forward position.

Hate to bring him up but Liam Stocker was put into the AFL side as a back pocket and has no opponent half the time being used as switch kick getting easy touches.

If thats their way of developing the kids then thats fine. My point is some draftees get to play much easier positions. Crows will never give such a role to a draftee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have and he looks good - I would like him at the crows next year for sure but I don't think he will be there at our Carlton 2nd rounder

No use talking to Sanders bout footy issues, he's the most ignorant person on here.

I've got taheny at 5 at the moment, I'm a bit bias because he plays for my local team.:p

Recruits like Jordan Clark, Ed Richards and even Duursma look great in their first year but they are playing much easier positions than a midfield or forward position.

Hate to bring him up but Liam Stocker was put into the AFL side as a back pocket and has no opponent half the time being used as switch kick getting easy touches.

If thats their way of developing the kids then thats fine. My point is some draftees get to play much easier positions. Crows will never give such a role to a draftee.
Ed Richards first year was last year, and he played 21 games.

Is Sladojevic the South lad in our NGA program, will we need a 2nd rounder for him? Or likely a late pick?

We have nothing till the 5th round after our 2nd

I have watched quite a bit of the under 18s and for me Rowell is easily the number one pick ahead of Anderson and young. In every big game Rowell has been awarded best on ground including exhibition game against vfl side, 2018 tac cup grand final etc. Rowell has explosive pace at stoppages (dare I say similar to dangerfield), very good at clearances,tackles well and spreads well from the contest. My only concern with Rowell would be he just needs to tidy up his kicking as it can be eratic at times.

Noah Anderson I like as he appears to be a mid who kicks goals but like Rowell his kicking needs to improve. He would be my second pick.

I really like Hayden young as well as I think he is the best user of the ball on the draft. I almost like him more than Anderson. I think his precision kicking will be very effective in the modern game. He tends to play more outside but once he spends motte time inside he will be a gem.

Back