Preview Pick 6, 2019 Draft: Who Do AFC Target?

3 options:

• Noah Anderson

• Matt Rowell

• The Best SA Boy Available (please name in thread)

• Hamish Special (Please name in thread)

• Your Personal Favourite (Please name in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

i still rate taheny the better prospect.
thanks for bringing this one up again :)
No worries. Could we get Luko somehow if Taheny is in the draft? Or just take Taheny?

Mocks have us taking him in 2nd round now - bargain??

Wonder if we can bundle our pick 4, 23 and future pick to Freo for 7 and 10
Drafting Stephens and Gould

Then leaves our first next year for Luko and the rest we stockpile for Edwards and Borlase

Wonder if we can bundle our pick 4, 23 and future pick to Freo for 7 and 10
Drafting Stephens and Gould

Then leaves our first next year for Luko and the rest we stockpile for Edwards and Borlase
No, Freo traded down to try and get 2 picks before Henry, they won’t trade out now

No, Freo traded down to try and get 2 picks before Henry, they won’t trade out now
Ok

May find leading up or come draft night we move down to get these 2.
Don’t think Gould is a need for Port but they’d be tempted to take him as a HH replacement long term

Ok

Don’t think Gould is a need for Port but they’d be tempted to take him as a HH replacement long term

We will be doing something, I'm sure of it. Whether it be trading pick 4 for 2x firsts or trading in another first rounder this year for a swap of firsts next year, or maybe both!

We will be doing something, I'm sure of it. Whether it be trading pick 4 for 2x firsts or trading in another first rounder this year for a swap of firsts next year, or maybe both!

If our ratings don’t have much difference between 4 and the next few spots or if we reckon 4 on our list might still be there a few spots later then it would be stupidity to not trade 4 for a pick we ultimately value similarly a few spots later plus something else worthwhile in its own right. I’ll back the talent ID guys to the hilt and then hope Reid gets a good deal if one is available.

If our ratings don’t have much difference between 4 and the next few spots or if we reckon 4 on our list might still be there a few spots later then it would be stupidity to not trade 4 for a pick we ultimately value similarly a few spots later plus something else worthwhile in its own right. I’ll back the talent ID guys to the hilt and then hope Reid gets a good deal if one is available.

Yep, all the more reason why some should just wait until after the draft to assess our trade/draft period.

We could potentially have unloaded our older unwanted players, had 3 first round picks and 5 picks inside 30ish. That would be a decent result with what we had to work with. A lot still to play out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Likewise if the player they value is there at 4 and won’t be there at 6 then keep 4.

HE was playing injured. Go check out some of his performances for norwood seniors this season just gone. He CAN play. I see his upside as big but he could also be a troy menzel mk 2 if heis not prepared to work hard
Fumbled the ball a hell of a lot .....not a good sign at U18 Championship level

No worries. Could we get Luko somehow if Taheny is in the draft? Or just take Taheny?

Mocks have us taking him in 2nd round now - bargain??

super talented, mates from norwood say he doesn't want it enough atm ala T.Menzel, but if he gets his head right he is a gun.
i rate him massively, higher than Stephens, but i dont know from a psycological point of view if hes up to it.

Ok

Do you think port need another half back flanker?

Burton
Bonner
Houston
DBJ
MacKenzie
Duursma
Hartlett

super talented, mates from norwood say he doesn't want it enough atm ala T.Menzel, but if he gets his head right he is a gun.
i rate him massively, higher than Stephens, but i dont know from a psycological point of view if hes up to it.
I remember watching his Norwood stuff last year and was really excited. He looked top 10 every day of the week leading into this year.

Do you think port need another half back flanker?

Burton
Bonner
Houston
DBJ
MacKenzie
Duursma
Hartlett
HH replacement = Hamish Hartlett

Mackenzie will be lucky to be on thier list end of 2020

DBJ more a back pocket long term eg. Luke Brown mould

Burton is injury prone

I don’t think they would take Gould but wouldn’t surprise if they do

HE was playing injured. Go check out some of his performances for norwood seniors this season just gone. He CAN play. I see his upside as big but he could also be a troy menzel mk 2 if heis not prepared to work hard

Yeah is kind of giving off that vibe. Troy Menzel still played some pretty bloody good footy for Carlton there in his 1st year or so.

At 37, I think you'd be mad not to take a punt on a local talent like Taheny and still think we'd potentially pull the trigger at 23/28.

Back