Preview Pick 6, 2019 Draft: Who Do AFC Target?

3 options:

• Noah Anderson

• Matt Rowell

• The Best SA Boy Available (please name in thread)

• Hamish Special (Please name in thread)

• Your Personal Favourite (Please name in thread)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah is kind of giving off that vibe. Troy Menzel still played some pretty bloody good footy for Carlton there in his 1st year or so.

At 37, I think you'd be mad not to take a punt on a local talent like Taheny and still think we'd potentially pull the trigger at 23/28.
A medium forward that doesn't offer a lot defensively or much in the way of 2nd and 3rd efforts?
Taheny would need to seriously pull his finger out defensively to make a fist of AFL because some of what I saw from him defensively and body language wise won't be acceptable at the next level.

HE was playing injured. Go check out some of his performances for norwood seniors this season just gone. He CAN play. I see his upside as big but he could also be a troy menzel mk 2 if heis not prepared to work hard
super talented, mates from norwood say he doesn't want it enough atm ala T.Menzel, but if he gets his head right he is a gun.
i rate him massively, higher than Stephens, but i dont know from a psycological point of view if hes up to it.

His dad runs the SANFL coaching on the Eyre Peninsula - the kid has wanted AFL for a very long time he will work very hard no doubts.

Yeah is kind of giving off that vibe. Troy Menzel still played some pretty bloody good footy for Carlton there in his 1st year or so.

At 37, I think you'd be mad not to take a punt on a local talent like Taheny and still think we'd potentially pull the trigger at 23/28.
Agree ... upside is well worth the potential risk/reward at 37 or beyond .
Some kids take longer , some kids just need the system to get them aligned with what it takes .
Super talent , has the natural skill set you just can't teach ... especially his goal sense and ability to find space and finish .

Thing with Cam is he's not an overly hard worker, coasts along during games. Can't comment on trainings but he found himself in the 2s at the business end.

Thing with Cam is he's not an overly hard worker, coasts along during games. Can't comment on trainings but he found himself in the 2s at the business end.

I hope we pass then.

Those type of players never do well at our club (see Menzel, Hampton, Johnston, Gibbs, Atkins to a lesser extent).

He'd do better at a club where they drum the 'us vs them' into them.

I hope we pass then.

Those type of players never do well at our club (see Menzel, Hampton, Johnston, Gibbs, Atkins to a lesser extent).

Most of those with the exception of Gibbs and Atkins did sfa at their previous clubs and continued to fail with us as well.....and raw football talent wasn't the problem.

I hope we pass then.

Nicks would do well to drum that into us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have always watched videos and reads over the years
I don’t see junior talent live
Or any championship games
So I am going to straight out ask the question
FAITH
What credentials do you have ?

Are you asking if I'm qualified enough to give my opinion on an anonymous footy site?

Mutineer Can't say I pay much attention to the under 18s, what's your opinion on Kemp, have a cricketing mate ( who I believe is not related to Kemp) who thinks he will be the best out of the draft but is injured

I had Kemp at 3 behind Rowell and green most of the year.
His injury has led me to put him behind Anderson now at 4, but I doubt he goes that early.

Mutineer Can't say I pay much attention to the under 18s, what's your opinion on Kemp, have a cricketing mate ( who I believe is not related to Kemp) who thinks he will be the best out of the draft but is injured
He'd have been my pick for us at pick 4 before the knee/ACL with Anderson, Green and Rowell already off the table given his versatility and midfield upside to come but with the injury I just don't think we can take the risk with that high of a draft pick given it's our first at the pointy end in a long time. As it sits now Lachie Ash is my preference slightly ahead of Sam Flanders and Caleb Serong.

He'd have been my pick for us at pick 4 with Anderson, Green and Rowell already off the table before the knee/ACL given his versatility and midfield upside to come but with the injury I just don't think we can take the risk with that high of a draft pick given it's our first at the pointy end in a long time. As it sits now Lachie Ash is my preference slightly ahead of Sam Flanders and Caleb Serong.
Should the knee scare us off? Plenty of players do one and not do another and I think I read his wasn’t a bad one structurally

Should the knee scare us off? Plenty of players do one and not do another and I think I read his wasn’t a bad one structurally
With a pick that high I think it does, does me anyhow. There is no good ACL that needs a full reco....

Very scary to use 4 on a player with acl, as much as I rate him.
Yeah it would be a risk but really any player could do an acl and we’ve seen how easy they can go. We’ve also seen plenty of players only have the one.

Having said that if he’s not miles ahead of the rest you wouldn’t risk it

Will be very interesting to see where Kemp goes. Injuries do tend to scare clubs up the pointy end of the draft, most want the "ready to go" types.

We've lost (or got rid of) some size in our midfield, that's what appeals most about Kemp.

I'd take Serong, slightly ahead of the very confident Sam Flanders.

For those doubting, I reckon FAITH is usually pretty close to the mark with his opinions (on what is definitely an opinion based site - so if you don't agree, then don't - move on)

Talent wise I see the top 20 like this; (won't be drafted this way of course, needs basis / potential etc will shape it)

1 - M.Rowell
2 - N.Anderson
3 - T.Green
4 - C.Serong
5 - L.Ash
6 - H.Young
7 - B.Kemp
8 - D.Robertson
9 - F.Mcasey
10 - D.Stephens
11 - S.Flanders
12 - F.McGinness
13 - M.Bergman
14 - J.Sharp
15 - J.Worrell
16 - D.Williams
17 - C.Weightman
18 - W.Gould
19 - T.Bianco
20 - L.Henry

But Honestly, I reckon could shuffle the guys from 4-12 in any of those spots, and then again same with guys from 13-20.

Hence why I think crows need to do whatever they can to move pick 4 for multiple picks in the 1st round.

Back