Pick 4 on the table?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ralph is a dumb ****. Why would they trade pick 4 to avoid it getting absorbed by bids to bring in two other picks that will get absorbed by bids?

They'll want significant 2024 selection/s.
Bingo, don’t know how mangy times I’ve hear this nonsense over the past month 👍

Unless pick 4 becomes an A grade player via trade. Or somehow becomes pick 2. I say we let it get absorbed. Why should the Suns gift pick 4 to make a contender even stronger?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ralph is a dumb ****. Why would they trade pick 4 to avoid it getting absorbed by bids to bring in two other picks that will get absorbed by bids?

They'll want significant 2024 selection/s.

Ralph is a moron.

Unless pick 4 becomes an A grade player via trade. Or somehow becomes pick 2. I say we let it get absorbed. Why should the Suns gift pick 4 to make a contender even stronger?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
As mentioned already, I reckon an F1 from a s**t team (ie Essendon or Hawthorn) is what GCS would be looking for. I reckon we’re some chance to slide in 2024, so if we offer an F1 I’d take it 🤣

Bailey Smith and pick 9?
Pick 4 and Fiorini for Dustin Martin ?

This all depends on whether Gold Coast want to maximise their points this year or trade into the future.

They’ve got ~4200 points this year which could be enough, but ~500 of those points are in later picks that they may not be able to use to match bids, depending on how many list spots they have free at the draft.

If they trade pick 4 down for a lesser first and a future first, they might risk a points deficit that impacts their first for next year? E.g. moving back from 4 to 8 would cost them 500 points. Which is a fair chunk of points.

If they want to maximise points then the Swans and Crows would seem to have the best collections of picks, then the Dogs. If they want a first this year and next year then probably Essendon or GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you do but would you give up potentially pick 1 next year for pick 6 (after academies and compensations) this year?

Probably. Would you risk an F1 this year?

Apparently next year's top few are nothing but mids which we will have more than enough of by then. We have too many gaps elsewhere.

Apparently next year's top few are nothing but mids which we will have more than enough of by then. We have too many gaps elsewhere.
Makes sense for you to trade it out (F1) if you can get a player of greater need this year

Not sure how we would close the points deficit this especially with Flanders signed up. Would have to sell f2 to get points into this year, Mabior, Hollands, Sharp and more to try and cover it

If you're going to trade 9 (only 5 spots lower) AND 17 for pick 4, you'd want to be bloody sure you are getting a champion.

Strikes me as a pretty stupid idea...

If you're going to trade 9 (only 5 spots lower) AND 17 for pick 4, you'd want to be bloody sure you are getting a champion.

Strikes me as a pretty stupid idea...

The open draft (not including NGA and F/S picks) falls away after the top 8 or so picks apparently, so it's well worth the risk imo

The open draft (not including NGA and F/S picks) falls away after the top 8 or so picks apparently, so it's well worth the risk imo

I've heard that many times before at varying points of different drafts, yet year after year good players are found all over the draft. Especially in the top 20.

You are giving up a top 20 kid just to get to someone picked 5 places before your pick. As I said, you'd want to be bloody sure you are getting a champion.

Take the 2017 draft now that we've seen a good bit of them; would you give up Aaron Naughton and Jack Higgins for LDU? Just think 9 and 17 is a HUGE premium to pay personally. Paddy Dow went the pick BEFORE LDU, imagine if that ended up being the deal...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back