Pick 4 on the table?

Remove this Banner Ad

I do wonder if GWS would trade up for Duursma.
Pick 2 from North for 6 and 15.
Take Curtin at 3 and O’Sullivan at 6.
Then turn your three priority picks plus maybe something into GC’s pick 4. Take one of Watson, Caddy or McKercher.

You could very well walk away with Curtin, Caddy, O’Sullivan plus have those two picks at ~14 and 15.
I dont mind dropping back pick three if that is where the player we want is rated. But if we do that I dont see us then trading up for 5. It seems a bit like trading around in circles.

I dont mind dropping back pick three if that is where the player we want is rated. But if we do that I dont see us then trading up for 5. It seems a bit like trading around in circles.
It would be to get three picks in the Reid, Duursma, Watson, Caddy, O’Sullivan, McKercher and Curtin range. Any three of those in a combo would be a great result for North. Then still get those two mid teens picks to use.

14 and both the future end of firsts is a good deal for 4.

And it may swing our thinking from bidding on Walter at 2 and Read at 3 (4).
Picks 11, 18 and F1 is significantly better, especially since they can do a draft night trade for two first round picks rather than one.

Maybe but how much are bids at 2 and 4 going to cost them?
11 and 19 by themselves (pending Gresham compo) are worth more than the first bid by themselves, on top of all their other picks. They'll be able to cover it. Comfortably.

11 and 19 by themselves (pending Gresham compo) are worth more than the first bid by themselves, on top of all their other picks. They'll be able to cover it. Comfortably.

Someone calculated for me yesterday that it’s 400 points difference between a bid on Walter at 2 vs 4. A bid on Read would have to be around 600 points difference between pick 4 and say pick 8. So 1,000 points approx in savings for north not bidding (admittedly I made up Read not being bid on until 8).

I just don’t see how 10, 18 and F1 can be better than 14,19 and 20 plus a 1,000 point saving.

Maybe it can.

Lastly, geez the bulldogs would want to know they can get their player at 4 and that neither north or hawks will take them before hand.

Someone calculated for me yesterday that it’s 400 points difference between a bid on Walter at 2 vs 4. A bid on Read would have to be around 600 points difference between pick 4 and say pick 8. So 1,000 points approx in savings for north not bidding (admittedly I made up Read not being bid on until 8).

I just don’t see how 10, 18 and F1 can be better than 14,19 and 20 plus a 1,000 point saving.

Maybe it can.

Lastly, geez the bulldogs would want to know they can get their player at 4 and that neither north or hawks will take them before hand.
1 of Duursma McKertcher or Watson will be available

Maybe it can.

11 can probably get them up to 1600 points by itself. 19 up to 1100 by itself. On top of plenty of points already.

Read is unlikely to be bid on until pick 7-10. And as far as the Dogs are concerned, pick 4 gets them guaranteed access before a Jordan Croft bus and likely gets them Watson, McKercher or Duursma.

11 can probably get them up to 1600 points by itself. 19 up to 1100 by itself. On top of plenty of points already.

Read is unlikely to be bid on until pick 7-10. And as far as the Dogs are concerned, pick 4 gets them guaranteed access before a Jordan Croft bus and likely gets them Watson, McKercher or Duursma.
Not likely it does Reid and Curtin will go leaving one of the 3 there at "5"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not necessarily.

North could conceivably take Mckercher and Watson and the hawks dursma
The next pick would then be Curtin - whoever has the pick would be happy with that

North WC and Haw all lack KPP
Hawthorn sure do, but the only KPP I like at pick 3 is Walter and obviously we can't have him. So I am hoping on duursma or mckercher.

We get a KPP in McCabe anyhow (although he might end up a utility).

Maybe it can.

Because 10 and 17 get traded again for more points,

That Bulldogs F1 could be quite high if Crazy Bevo doesn't get his s**t together.

Hawthorn sure do, but the only KPP I like at pick 3 is Walter and obviously we can't have him. So I am hoping on duursma or mckercher.

We get a KPP in McCabe anyhow (although he might end up a utility).
You're losing Kosi and played Fergus Greene at CHF half the year and threw massive deals at Esava and McKay for a reason

You're losing Kosi and played Fergus Greene at CHF half the year and threw massive deals at Esava and McKay for a reason
I get that, but I don't think (hope) we don't reach with pick 3. Just take best available whoever it is.

Very comfortable with having a ping at a few talls with picks towards the end of the draft or in the rookie draft. Also happy to really target the MSD for a maric type guy next year.

Kinda hoping Serong has a massive pre season and gets first go at CHF.

And yet it will still be lower then 20 so has a higher re trade value
The Suns will probably only have Lombard as a first round academy player to match next year, so may look to get a ahead of his bid. The more first's they have the better for that purpose. Or trade for a best 22 player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back