Pick 4 on the table?

Remove this Banner Ad

500-600 points or so - nothing major. Clarko can whinge about Suns all he wants :) You don't blackmail teams.

As I said, it could be 1,000 points.

It’s not really a blackmail, because if he had pick 1 and could use it on Walter we would.

Read looks very impressive and we need KPP so I could totally see us bidding on him at 3 or 4.

I agree the angry dwarf is spiteful, has no reason to be against the Suns. All I would say is what goes around comes around
He does have reason to hate the Suns. They were pretty nasty during the JOM trade.

Retrospectively, Hawthorn should have walked away when GC kept demanding more indefinitely.

It’s not really a blackmail, because if he had pick 1 and could use it on Walter we would.

Read looks very impressive and we need KPP so I could totally see us bidding on him at 3 or 4.
Pick 17 is equal to the 1000 points you’re quoting. Doable and would give us reason to raid your club or help others that want to. Not sure North or any club wants that heat.

He does have reason to hate the Suns. They were pretty nasty during the JOM trade.

Retrospectively, Hawthorn should have walked away when GC kept demanding more indefinitely.
The Suns have a different view on that trade, JOM was considered to be the next big thing across the league and our club was getting raided by the VIC clubs left and right. We had to make someone pay to put a line in the sand. It happened to be Hawthorn, but as you said you could have walked away at anytime.

Let's say North get pick 3 for Mckay and bid on Walter and Read with pick 2, 3 = that's 3800 points to match after 20%.

If North don't bid and Hawks bid on Walter with pick 4 and other team on Reads with pick 6. That's 3028 after discount. Difference 772 points (pick 25).

By trading pick 4 to WB as suggested is around 800 points overs. The follow-on trading pick 10, 17 will bring more points as overs.

I hope I got numbers correct.

Let's say North get pick 3 for Mckay and bid on Walter and Read with pick 2, 3 = that's 3800 points to match after 20%.

If North don't bid and Hawks bid on Walter with pick 4 and other team on Reads with pick 6. That's 3028 after discount. Difference 772 points (pick 25).

By trading pick 4 to WB as suggested is around 800 points overs. The follow-on trading pick 10, 17 will bring more points as overs.

I hope I got numbers correct.

And to be honest, we’ll probably want the pick 10, so unlikely we bid early on read

If Dees and Adelaide team up for pick 4 to trump dogs what would it take from

9,13,20,23,24,33, Grundy combo, Doedee Compo, Harmes compo, Jordan Compo and 2x F1s available.

What’s realistic is most doing to help GC from that haul? (And is reasonable).

Just thinking 3way trade if Oliver happens.

9,13,20,23,24,33, Grundy combo, Doedee Compo, Harmes compo, Jordan Compo and 2x F1s available.

Personally I would like to see

20, 23, 24 and Crows F1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks pick 30 + F1 could do it.

It would be our best chance to stay in the top ten if we give pick 3 to Bulldogs for Smith.

1 of Duursma McKertcher or Watson will be available

You have a father son at around Pick 10 so really it’s just about trading up so you don’t lose your picks to bids.

The Suns pick just happens to be the most available and in a range where your guaranteed one of the top 8 players

10/17/F1 for 4 and a pick 10 FS is good value for you

You have a father son at around Pick 10 so really it’s just about trading up so you don’t lose your picks to bids.

The Suns pick just happens to be the most available and in a range where your guaranteed one of the top 8 players

10/17/F1 for 4 and a pick 10 FS is good value for you
they will also throw in some mid rounders back to give us the points for Croft so yes the value is fine

I suppose it becomes about which F1s you think have more value aka who will finish worse out of Dees, Crows and Dogs.

Dees we’re good without Oliver and Crows will only be better with him.

Dogs are a bit of a mess under Bevo. So is their F1 still the most desirable?

I’d guess suns would want both F1s + enough points to go close to matching bids

Dogs really offering 10, 17 and F1 for 4? That’s such a bad deal for them, 17 and F1 to move 6 spots up.

Pick 4 and Croft.

A better deal for them would be pick 10 and 17 to Geelong (who only have one pick in the top 80) for 7 and F2

Pick 7, Croft, keep F1 and add F2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back