Senior 16. Jack Carroll

Remove this Banner Ad

16-carroll-jpg.1578900

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Jack, please don’t take too long to make an impact, you have what we need.

needs meat on the bones and a bigger fitness base, a lot to like with this kid.

The last time we picked a “slider” in the 40’s it was because we didn’t interview them, I’m sure we’ve done our due diligence this time.

;)

Any reason he slid? I get he's not as physically developed as Poulter, Pedlar, Macrae etc, but seems sound in pretty much every area.

I'd hazard a guess he's still growing too and probably stops growing at 190cm+

Definitely looks to have a fair bit of composure, but so did Harley Balic and Patrick Karnezis at junior level. Ball control is really good, solid read, has a bit of dare.

Going to need to do a power of work in the gym, but a very solid upside pick.

Carroll reminds me a little of Tom Williamson.

Some of the movement and maybe the confidence to hang onto the ball, assessing the best option....or maybe it's just the late birthday. :)

There's just something there.

Some comments from the main board draft thread:
  • Baldwin, Carroll and Ford could have gone late 1st rd.
  • Jack Carroll to Carlton. WC should have had a sniff.
  • Carrol is a great pick for Carlton
  • Ford would have worked for them too, but Carroll gives them a mid that can help Cripps ideally
  • Yeah either one, would have taken Carroll myself, Cripps can't do everything
  • Draft Sliders: McDonald Hollands McInnes Gulden Downie Carroll Brand
  • I dislike your team as much as you appear to dislike mine, but you got a steal in Jack Carroll
Seems plenty of non-Carlton fans think it was a great pick.

Carroll reminds me a little of Tom Williamson.

Some of the movement and maybe the confidence to hang onto the ball, assessing the best option....or maybe it's just the late birthday. :)

There's just something there.

I was think that he'll be competing with Williamson for the HBF/ wing role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is known for being a classy, smooth player, yet led the WA Colts (not snr footy, I know) in contested possessions this year.

What a combo!
Wa colts is a strong comp mate. Plus a lot of colts played seniors this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back