CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
16-carroll-jpg.1578900

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if you're being sarcastic.

Unedited quotes in the draft thread leading up to the selection ^^^^^^. Feel free to click on all of them to verify the time they were posted. They were my thoughts at the time given who was remaining on the board leading into our selection.

Carroll is the perfect fit for our midfield group. Balanced, skillful midfielder who should have gone in the first round IMO. Can't believe he slid all the way to our selection. I personally feel in time he will prove to be in the top 3 midfielders taken in this draft. We shouldn't underestimate how good he is and I'm not saying that just because we picked him. Rated him extremely highly before the draft and was doing cartwheels when he fell to our selection and we took him.

If we had a first round pick, I would have been applauding the club for taking him with that selection. He does have a light frame at the moment, but I reckon he could get senior games earlier than some on here think.

Feel free to bookmark this comment, but I reckon in a few years time when the media review this draft, Carroll will be considered the biggest steal of the draft.
Cop that The Old Dark Navy's .... lol

Coona Blues

Director of Coaching
Nov 3, 2011
Bundaberg, Qld
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tasmania
That's Jamie, the article talks about Josh, Cripps' actual brother. I believe he did an ACL this year at u18s level or whatever junior comp he was in

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Correct. (As I have raved before) I have a huge watch on Josh Cripps. ACL mid year, prior to WAFL resumption. Captain of Aquinas College ahead of McDonald, O’Driscoll and his new Blue mate Carroll. Listed 198cm at 17, big bro matured late. KPP or ruck will be his role. Likely to resume late next year for a sneak peek before a bargain drafting. An old bloke can dream. Carroll just strengthens the link.

Oct 12, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Thought the other Cripps was a cousin.
There's a Cripps ecosystem.

West Coast Jamie is a semi distant cousin.
Cousin Jack Cripps is a raw KPP that played lower levels and is between WA and Vic.
Older brother Daniel played lower levels in WA. Courageous player but injury ravaged.
Younger brother Josh had a growth spurt last two years and was a likely prospect until an ACL. Playing as a fwd, seems well liked by all and one to keep an eye on after he returns.

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie

Cousin Jack Cripps is a raw KPP that played lower levels and is between WA and Vic.
Older brother Daniel played lower levels in WA. Courageous player but injury ravaged.
Younger brother Josh had a growth spurt last two years and was a likely prospect until an ACL. Playing as a fwd, seems well liked by all and one to keep an eye on after he returns.

That's not including Chris Mainwaring, Jordan, Andrew and Tarkyn Lockyer and former Crows rookie Aiden Parker.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic.

Unedited quotes in the draft thread leading up to the selection ^^^^^^. Feel free to click on all of them to verify the time they were posted. They were my thoughts at the time given who was remaining on the board leading into our selection.

Carroll is the perfect fit for our midfield group. Balanced, skillful midfielder who should have gone in the first round IMO. Can't believe he slid all the way to our selection. I personally feel in time he will prove to be in the top 3 midfielders taken in this draft. We shouldn't underestimate how good he is and I'm not saying that just because we picked him. Rated him extremely highly before the draft and was doing cartwheels when he fell to our selection and we took him.

If we had a first round pick, I would have been applauding the club for taking him with that selection. He does have a light frame at the moment, but I reckon he could get senior games earlier than some on here think.

Feel free to bookmark this comment, but I reckon in a few years time when the media review this draft, Carroll will be considered the biggest steal of the draft.

I was indeed being a smartarse as I was in the draft thread watching your calls at the time.

Just thought I'd leave my post as a little sleeper to see how many noticed.

I was indeed being a smartarse as I was in the draft thread watching your calls at the time.

Just thought I'd leave my post as a little sleeper to see how many noticed.

Ninja editing skillz ;) I saw it ;)

AT97

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton

What about jack crisp who’s confused for a cripps by commentators in most games?

Matty411

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Don't know much about Jack, but everything I read talks about his poise. Very important, when you watch first year players watch how much time they have with the ball in hand, the ones with time are the one who make it.

Welcome young man the the greatest club in the land.
This is a very important point. Big part of the reason I Think Rivers from MEL will make it. Time, poise and composure.

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
What about jack crisp who’s confused for a cripps by commentators in most games?
He's the dyslexic evil twin.

Jul 7, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Great to see Jack given a rap by Daniel O'Keefe for his efforts in the praccy match. Just gotta learn the systems which it sounds like he'll have plenty of opportunities to do in the reserves. I think he'd be a perfect complement to Cripps, Walsh and Williams.

Back