List Mgmt. Pick 44 - Welcome Hugh Dixon

Remove this Banner Ad

Dockers on the backpage of the Mercury today for perhaps the first time ever. Drove past Longley on my way to Huonville this morning, told my wife that's where our latest recruit is from and by gosh she was impressed.
Looks to judge the ball flight well which is as important as anything for a bigman.

Like his footy credentials and like the fact that his mates and family are just interested in him pursuing his footy career, wherever that may be. We should draft more Tasmanians!​

Surely we should start marketing our stronger ties to tassie, we’ve picked up a number over the years

Not at all encouraging we play there more, but hey a few more fans for us, and not those hawk scum can only be a good thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like his footy credentials and like the fact that his mates and family are just interested in him pursuing his footy career, wherever that may be. We should draft more Tasmanians!​
I've always said we should move the franchise to Tasmania.

There were times last season when I wished they'd already made the move.

Reckon we should dust of the old number 29 for this bloke? Do it! Somebody gottatake it eventually!!! If he spuds it up, takes the pressure off the next kid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon we should dust of the old number 29 for this bloke? Do it! Somebody gottatake it eventually!!! If he spuds it up, takes the pressure off the next kid
Nah will take ueber no 42 .

Looking at this bloke, I'm not sure there is a better certified key forward prospect in this draft. You can't teach those marking skills in the forward half, not just the leading but the dropping back to create the long option. Would have been a second round pick if he'd been Vic Metro. Like the fact that we were watching his state league games and talking a few times to his parents. Proof our recruiters worked hard this year.

Player comparisons for talls are always hard. But his strengths are similar to those of Tom Hawkins. Both are strong marks, good in one on ones and they use their body well in the contest. And neither are overly fast or the type of roaming forward who'll run all day.

Off the top of my head, I think only Oscar Allen and Cameron Rayner kicked more goals than him at the Championships. Players often get rotated, playing different roles. So 9 goals in 4 games is actually better than it sounds, especially in a makeshift side like the Allies.

Playing for The Allies would’ve been tougher than playing for either of the Vic teams and WA with the lack of quality kicking inside 50 to him.

If he can play like his highlights we are recruiting and developing users of the ball that will make him the player he can be.

Upgrade on Taberner playing deep forward, his kicking is natural and reliable from the little I’ve seen.

Looking at this bloke, I'm not sure there is a better certified key forward prospect in this draft. You can't teach those marking skills in the forward half, not just the leading but the dropping back to create the long option. Would have been a second round pick if he'd been Vic Metro. Like the fact that we were watching his state league games and talking a few times to his parents. Proof our recruiters worked hard this year.
Our footy club is working smarter, not harder. We have the largest and best resourced recruitment team in the league. All part of our 4 year plan no doubt.

Somehow missed this comment from Lloyd. Putting pressure on Taberner to harden up, or Dixon cums in?

“Dixon’s a key position forward who can take a contested mark and a good ball user.

We see him being able to complement our current forwards in Shane Kersten and Cam McCarthy”

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2017-11-24/freo-draft-wrap

Edit: surely Lloyd is just baiting us. Dixon is a good ball user.

Wonder what his ball drop is like? Hope to see Cox and Dixon pumping a few goals next year. They could really stiffen up our spine. Hopefully once the ball is in, it doesn’t cum out so fast anymore. Dixon and Cox can just slot it between the two uprights. “Hey goal umpire - how bigs your sausage roll?”

Last edited:
DPm3-f-VQAUX9hf.jpg:large

The beast finally revealed in Purple. Living with Brady Grey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back