List Mgmt. Pick 44 - Welcome Hugh Dixon

Remove this Banner Ad

He was on 6PR this evening. He has a really dry personality, very black and white and doesn’t say a lot (short answers). Seems like his only interests in life are footy... and that’s it... Tassie people are an odd bunch.
Had some huge draft party too and made sure everyone filmed it. Flog material potentially but I don't give a s**t so long as he uses that footy-head perspective to try his guts out, and shows some arrogance out there on the ground. If I was him I'd be walking into the club saying to myself 'this key position spot is mine if I actually want it.' Because, well, it is.

Hi guys.

Hugh played at my club in Tassie. He is an outstanding young man with so much upside. Congrats to Freo for selecting Hugh, will be great asset for your club into the future.
Does anybody know what WAFL club he will be allocated too??

If you after highlights or more info about Hugh
Go to facebook Tigers FC some great stuff there.

Hi guys.

Hugh played at my club in Tassie. He is an outstanding young man with so much upside. Congrats to Freo for selecting Hugh, will be great asset for your club into the future.

Peel Thunder is our reserves side for the WAFL, all our players have played there for the past 3 seasons, just gone back to back with premierships, hopefully Hugh can lead us to a threepeat.

Hi guys.

Freo are affiliated with Peel Thunder, so he'll be developing there under the watchful eye of Cam Shepherd.

I have decided I am a Tasmanian more than a part time West Coast supporter. So definitely now a full time Fremantle supporter with Hugh Dixon being picked up and joining a few other Tasmanians on your list. I have followed his development closely over the past 12 months. I have good friends who are tied up with the Kingston Tigers, the club he played at in TAS. Their kids played footy with Hugh and know him and his family well. People won't hear or say a bad word word about him. He is sure to be popular at Fremantle. Feedback is he is friendly, honest, down to earth and modest with not an arrogant bone in his body. I saw that video of draft night posted on BF. It is poor quality and came off the Kingston Tigers Facebook page. I have seen a better quality version. I can promise you that there was absolutely nothing planned or staged - it was pure emotion and dam moving. You can see from the reaction of Hugh Dixon and his friends, just what getting drafted meant to him, and what he means to his mates. With Hugh Dixon I am positive Fremantle have got a dam good footballer, and if informed opinion means anything, a quaity person as well.

I have decided I am a Tasmanian more than a part time West Coast supporter. So definitely now a full time Fremantle supporter with Hugh Dixon being picked up and joining a few other Tasmanians on your list. I have followed his development closely over the past 12 months. I have good friends who are tied up with the Kingston Tigers, the club he played at in TAS. Their kids played footy with Hugh and know him and his family well. People won't hear or say a bad word word about him. He is sure to be popular at Fremantle. Feedback is he is friendly, honest, down to earth and modest with not an arrogant bone in his body. I saw that video of draft night posted on BF. It is poor quality and came off the Kingston Tigers Facebook page. I have seen a better quality version. I can promise you that there was absolutely nothing planned or staged - it was pure emotion and dam moving. You can see from the reaction of Hugh Dixon and his friends, just what getting drafted meant to him, and what he means to his mates. With Hugh Dixon I am positive Fremantle have got a dam good footballer, and if informed opinion means anything, a quaity person as well.
Media, most West Coast supporters here in WA have enjoyed from the start putting the boots into a poorly run Freo.
Then turning a blind eye to their clubs own issues. Fortunately we are not their little brothers anymore.
Why not support both? With Dixon, Grey, A Pearce from Tassie, lets hope they all have successful careers.

I have decided I am a Tasmanian more than a part time West Coast supporter. So definitely now a full time Fremantle supporter with Hugh Dixon being picked up and joining a few other Tasmanians on your list. I have followed his development closely over the past 12 months. I have good friends who are tied up with the Kingston Tigers, the club he played at in TAS. Their kids played footy with Hugh and know him and his family well. People won't hear or say a bad word word about him. He is sure to be popular at Fremantle. Feedback is he is friendly, honest, down to earth and modest with not an arrogant bone in his body. I saw that video of draft night posted on BF. It is poor quality and came off the Kingston Tigers Facebook page. I have seen a better quality version. I can promise you that there was absolutely nothing planned or staged - it was pure emotion and dam moving. You can see from the reaction of Hugh Dixon and his friends, just what getting drafted meant to him, and what he means to his mates. With Hugh Dixon I am positive Fremantle have got a dam good footballer, and if informed opinion means anything, a quality person as well.

Cheers and it is def a ploy from Freo that we look for Tasmanian, SA, Country Vic and of course WA boys. Keep a core group of Tassie boys with us and they should be much happier to stay. Hugh certainly has an opportunity to make an impact in our forward line down the track and should settle in nicely once he gets use to the warmer weather.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had some huge draft party too and made sure everyone filmed it. Flog material potentially but I don't give a s**t so long as he uses that footy-head perspective to try his guts out, and shows some arrogance out there on the ground. If I was him I'd be walking into the club saying to myself 'this key position spot is mine if I actually want it.' Because, well, it is.
Geez the s**t wagon keeps stopping at your doorstep doesn't it? Next time you feel like using a keyboard, 'Just say No'.

I would be shocked if it was something Dicko (placeholder nickname) organised himself anyway, most likely all his mates/rellies doing. Telling them not to would actually be floggish behaviour

Below is a better link to a video of Dixon and his mates reaction to him getting picked up. Family and his mates there, including my mates son. Nothing staged. Pure emotion is all I see. A pure flog is he who doubts.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q8bpafp8e31cz5a/20171124 AFL draft Dix Freo.mov?dl=0

Thanks to all the non Freo supporters posting about Hugh

It's great to hear about his development and that he is a good guy. You can tell he's well liked by his mates.

Sheriff said to me on the day of the draft I bet we pick him up and he was correct. Fingers crossed he gets a few games in 2018 and builds strongly on it.

I find it funny that the next post down is someone someone from his club saying how he is “ a outstanding young man”. Most these kids have party’s when they get drafted!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back