List Mgmt. Pick 44 - Welcome Hugh Dixon

FreoBraddles

Team Captain
Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
With Pick 44 the Fremantle Dockers select...

Hugh Dixon

DOB: 26/02/1999
POSITION: Key forward
HEIGHT: 195cm
WEIGHT: 90kg
DRAFTED FROM: Kingsborough Tigers

Hugh Dixon is a tall forward from Longley, Tasmania.

Dixon is a big-framed young man, is a left foot kick and a straight set shot at goal.

Dixon was named Tasmania's Most Valuable Player for his academy series and named in the Allies side for the 2017 national championships.

Playing as a tall forward in the national championships, the 18-year-old averaged 11 disposals, 3.5 marks, four tackles and 9.1 goals in four games.

The Tasmanian product is also a strong contested mark and was the number one contested mark at the national championships, averaging 2.5 per game.

Dixon played the remainder of the year with Kingborough Tigers in the Tasmanian State League as a forward/ruck, where he kicked 15 goals in eight games, with his five goals against Glenorchy his standout game.

Dixon was also rewarded with the Tasmania Academy best and fairest award at the end of the year.

Last edited:

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Picked this pick!.....this could be the pick that makes our recruiting look very good in three years time. Really footy smart tall forward who is very agile if a bit slow (but I reckon it was close between him and Brander) and lacking in endurance atm. Kicks goals but also tackles well and does lots of 1%. Can pinch hit ruck and also played CHB as well.

DaveLister

Premiership Player
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
o0d3Elz.png

interesting that on the Freo website Hugh's highlights has pick 23 next to it not 44, did we rank him at 23?

SallyWidebottom

Debutant
Aug 8, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo
Reckon our Huge Dix in time will trump their big Cox.
Watch highlights of this kid pre draft & liked what I saw. Reckon he has natural ability, hopefully he can go on to become the return of the 100 goal forward.

Feb 18, 2014
Victorian Cheer Squad
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Leyton Orient, Peel, Glory, MU, TCU
Love this. Dixon was the player I wanted us to get with our 3rd+ pick more than any other. A little miffed that we didn't take Hayes, but I would have been just as much so if we went with Hayes, then someone else took Dixon before our next pick.

He could be exactly what we need up forward. Big frame, will put on some real bulk.

Oct 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West End Redbacks, Cleveland Browns
My favourite pick. How long have I been talking up Hugh Dixon for now?

He outperformed Brander without a doubt in my mind at the Championships. He should have been the All Australian. Might not be particularly fast, but he thinks fast and has good hands. Also more agile than he's given credit for.

He's a true full forward. So watching him develop will be fun.

I rate him a better prospect than Coleman-Jones, Balta and DeKoning who all went before him.

Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
My favourite pick. How long have I been talking up Hugh Dixon for now?

He outperformed Brander without a doubt in my mind at the Championships. He should have been the All Australian. Might not be particularly fast, but he thinks fast and has good hands. Also more agile than he's given credit for.

He's a true full forward. So watching him develop will be fun.

I rate him a better prospect than Coleman-Jones, Balta and DeKoning who all went before him.

Best comparison among current players?

Back